1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please read on phone selection for first android!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Prindone3, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Prindone3

Prindone3 Lurker

I am looking at the SGSIII, and am pretty impressed. My family is about to switch to Verizon from AT&T and i thought i would for sure be getting the Galaxy S3. But then i read on how AMOLED's get burn in, and i am a fairly heavy user of my current iPhone 3GS, and i wouldn't want any burn ins because i will be keeping it until the end of my contract. I think i have to go with an LCD screen now, because just about every OLED apparently will get burn in. I wish the One X was on verizon, i would just get that. But there doesn't seem to be a phone on Verizon up to the standards of the S3 that intrigued me so much. I heard the RAZR HD will have an LCD, but it was just a rumor. If it doesn't have an LCD, i'll have waited for nothing because the tech specs aren't up to the S3. I might have to go with the iPhone 5 after i swore i would not get another iOS device. Can someone help me out here? Is burn in not as big of a deal as it sounds? Are there other fantastic new phones that have LCD's? Thanks for the advice.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Adauth

Adauth Android Expert

I have a razr with an amoled screen and granted its not the best looking screen on the market. However it is a very beautiful display and unless you're a stickler and try hard to point out the suttle differences the super amoled display is very nice. As for burnt screens, I can't remember any significant complaints or cases of amoled screens burning in. I think it's more of a rumor. Like the people who think plasma screens still suffer from burnt in pictures. Yes that happened, but only in rare and extreme occasions( i.e. leaving the same picture on the screen for days at a time, and only in the first generation of plasma TV,s). You should have nothing to worry about when it comes to modern amoled displays.

3. TgeekB

TgeekB Well-Known Member

I would think if it were a major problem you would hear more about it and manufacturers would suffer in sales.