• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PLEASE READ: Reguarding the 2.1 Update for the Motorola Droid

Its bgr what do they know. I am still looking at my phone for the update. I won't let myself believe that i unrooted for nothing. You know this is bull come on they said oh last night we found a bug. I know the bug its called BS. Don't worry guys its coming out today. Don't let this thread turn into a Verizon bash party.

Upvote 0
So I SHOULDN'T put it on my server and charge for downloads??? :thinking: You know ... a small "convenience" charge. ;) :p

Well, unless your hosting account can handle the massive amount of bandwidth that would be use from everyone and their mom's downloading this file, I would suggest setting up a paypal donation account and ask for donations.

But that is just me.

Kratos

Upvote 0
I want my 2.1 right now, bugs and all. :)

After trying HelixLauncher and realizing how much I was in denial about dxtop's lag, I've just finished recatagorizing all my apps once again (Folder Manager, strong, gotta have those catagorized folders that dxtop did so nicely) and am loving the lagfree screenswitching.

Can't wait to see what breaks and what is better in 2.1.

(oh, and everyone must try Dialer One. Great phone front end and t9 filtering. Hope it doesn't break)

So, the vigil begins. How long will it take? What else shall we do in the meantime? Didn't somebody say something about basketball or something?

Go Cornell! Rah.

-les

Upvote 0
Hey guys, first post here on these forums. I too am patiently waiting for 2.1. Very patiently now that I come to think of it lol, it's been a long time coming. I'm praying that hopefully one of the first 1000 people to receive the update are smart enough to save the file.

If the update.zip does leak, will updating require anything other than the actual phone? I'm not at home right now and don't have my own computer or anything so I was just wondering if I could get 2.1 as soon as it leaks.

Upvote 0
from BGR:

DROID-OTA-Delay.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey guys, first post here on these forums. I too am patiently waiting for 2.1. Very patiently now that I come to think of it lol, it's been a long time coming. I'm praying that hopefully one of the first 1000 people to receive the update are smart enough to save the file.

If the update.zip does leak, will updating require anything other than the actual phone? I'm not at home right now and don't have my own computer or anything so I was just wondering if I could get 2.1 as soon as it leaks.

hate to say it dude but i think its delayed...

BGR has a screenshot up of a Verizon memo that states the delay of the update

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones