• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please Read!!

Pneumatics

Feb 12, 2011
Please read! :eek:
I recently rooted my motorola citrus. I only rooted the phone to delete a lot of the apps that I, nor my wife will ever have a use for. Unfortunately I didnt not know this at the time, but I deleted Google talk (Gtalk) , and now my market downloads wont move.

I found out the market and gtalk are connected and now it wont start any of my downloads. I have restored the phone to factory settings to no avail. I have alos downloaded Gtalk on my pc and then transferred it to my Sd card, still no luck.

Help!!!

To sideload an app you need to first check Settings/Applications/Unknown sources. Then you can use Astro to install from the .apk. There seem to be several places to get Gtalk if you google "Gtalk android download".

It seems very unlikely that this is related to your Market problem, though . Did you make a nandroid after you rooted and before you deleted anything? If so, just restore that.

Also, you'll probably get more responses in the root forum for your phone (some helpful mod will probably take care of that shortly, though). :D

Upvote 0
AngryHatter, that is the exact file that I have downloaded multiple times. However, I have been simply pasting the Gtalk file into my phones folder in "my Computer", is that ok or do I need a seperate program to install it from my SD card? I have done this with a lot of my other apps and they work fine

Upvote 0
AngryHatter, that is the exact file that I have downloaded multiple times. However, I have been simply pasting the Gtalk file into my phones folder in "my Computer", is that ok or do I need a seperate program to install it from my SD card? I have done this with a lot of my other apps and they work fine

"To install just put the apk on your sdcard, navigate to it using your favorite file explorer and click on it. Your phone has an installer that will recognize the apk as such and ask you if you want to install it.

Because RavenII was kind enough to post the apk you guys should be able to do all of this right from your phones."

In other words, doesn't matter where you put it; just that you move it to the phone & click it to install the app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones