• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please somebody help. Im freaking out.

Just got a Droid of ebay. It came with 2.2 already installed. I didnt know if it was rooted or not so I rooted it using "Soup or Root 2.04." I then proceeded to install CyanogenMod using this guide. I skipped the first part about a backup because there was no need. I then started following the steps for SPRecovery install. But during instillation RSD Lite would get to 100% and say "Please manual power up this phone" and just sits there. So I found this guide that said that was normal sometimes and to just power the phone off and back on. When I did, RSD Lite finally said "Pass."

However....

Now my phone is acting crazy. It says the battery is dead and there is no service. After unlocking it just goes to a black screen and says "Android System." Sometimes it displaya message "Proccessing system not responding." It went from randomly restarting to now it just turns off after awhile. If I plug the phone up it still tells me to plug up the charger.

Can someone please help me. I am freaking out that I only had the phone for an hour and now its screwed. I am new to all this rooting stuff and thought I had followed the directions perfect. One thing I did notice is that the guide for installing CyanogenMod says that it was for installing from a stock 2.1 device. Does that make any difference? I stopped trying to install CyanogenMod after this happened. Should I keep going. Please tell me I didn't brick my phone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones