1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Please somebody help. Im freaking out.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by willywonkaisrsh, Oct 4, 2010.

1. willywonkaisrsh

willywonkaisrsh Active Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Just got a Droid of ebay. It came with 2.2 already installed. I didnt know if it was rooted or not so I rooted it using "Soup or Root 2.04." I then proceeded to install CyanogenMod using this guide. I skipped the first part about a backup because there was no need. I then started following the steps for SPRecovery install. But during instillation RSD Lite would get to 100% and say "Please manual power up this phone" and just sits there. So I found this guide that said that was normal sometimes and to just power the phone off and back on. When I did, RSD Lite finally said "Pass."

However....

Now my phone is acting crazy. It says the battery is dead and there is no service. After unlocking it just goes to a black screen and says "Android System." Sometimes it displaya message "Proccessing system not responding." It went from randomly restarting to now it just turns off after awhile. If I plug the phone up it still tells me to plug up the charger.

Can someone please help me. I am freaking out that I only had the phone for an hour and now its screwed. I am new to all this rooting stuff and thought I had followed the directions perfect. One thing I did notice is that the guide for installing CyanogenMod says that it was for installing from a stock 2.1 device. Does that make any difference? I stopped trying to install CyanogenMod after this happened. Should I keep going. Please tell me I didn't brick my phone.

Advertisement