• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please someone help with real information...

Straticus

Lurker
Sep 21, 2014
I'm at my wit's end here guys. I'm using an SM-T310 16gb internal and 24gb external SD card. When I first set up this device, I was easily able to tell the tab to put all new downloads by default to the sd card. It was a beautiful thing. The USB port blew out, so I sent the device off to Samsung to repair. When I got this device back, it was no longer defaulting to the SD card. The internal storage is full, and I'm sitting on an sd card that is practically empty. I can't download anything, because app manager 3 says there's not a single app it can move to the sd card. So, I'm basically screwed. I have not downloaded and installed KitKat. I've been through 4 call center live chats to Samsung, having one agent more clueless than the next. They're great if you tell them your problem, and invariably, they tell you to turn it off and on; that somehow all will magically be fixed. I need real info. I've navigated to the correct directory through My Files, but no dice. Please help me. I'm seriously ready to use this device as a coaster on my coffee table. Thanks a lot guys. I await your wisdom.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones