• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please stop moving my thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember freedom of speech does not apply on forum boards or any type of private board. Moderators are there/here for organizational and layout purposes imo. You have no voice of opposition only acceptance. As said they do not have to validate their actions.
Myself, I like the control the moderators use even tho it may seem offensive for some actions, it's more efficient and productive as a whole. :)

Upvote 0
The only gripe I had was when I wanted to share with all the Incredible owners about Android being the number 1 OS over RIM and Apple, it was moved to the General Android area out of sight. I understand wanting everyone to move around on the forum and view other areas but I like the Incredible Forum. Why can't we have an Incredible lounge back to express news to fellow Incredible owners? I do feel the Mods are here to help even if some pull the trigger a little quick. I also agree that threads seem to die in the sub forums but I understand trying to keep the forum tidy.

Upvote 0
The only gripe I had was when I wanted to share with all the Incredible owners about Android being the number 1 OS over RIM and Apple, it was moved to the General Android area out of sight. I understand wanting everyone to move around on the forum and view other areas but I like the Incredible Forum. Why can't we have an Incredible lounge back to express news to fellow Incredible owners? I do feel the Mods are here to help even if some pull the trigger a little quick. I also agree that threads seem to die in the sub forums but I understand trying to keep the forum tidy.

We have a nice little lounge... ;) Stickied and up there for all to see

Reactions: Tech Addiction
Upvote 0
It never ceases to amaze me how people who play here for free take shots at the folks behind the scenes who have real skin in the game.

If you dont like it, find another forum or better yet, start your own. You can run it as you see fit.

Questioning a mod action in an open forum instead of in a PM is at best careless and probably closer to grandstanding.

Upvote 0
The minute I hear complaining about the work of a volunteer, I expect the complainer to stop, become a volunteer himself, and see about doing things as he sees fit. Until that time, you have no business opening your mouth.

Props to the mods.

If he doesn't have any business opening his mouth then neither do you. Get off your high horse.

Reactions: jrmckins
Upvote 0
sorry
63009044.yz2L3lFQ.wambulance.gif

Upvote 0
Then why not move off topic or ill placed posts to the lounge? I thought it was locked down shortly after the Incredible was released. Thats why I haven't been to the lounge but thanks for remindinfg me it's open.

We tend to only move truly off-topic stuff to the lounge, any topics that are beneficial we try to put in a relevant forum or sub-forum. Anything that we can't catergorize but is either a) funny or b) something new we leave on the main page of the thread. All the 2.2 threads popping up can either be deleted or moved into that specific discussion thread. I have chosen to move all 2.2 discussion to the official thread because I don't see the need for so many on the main page. And by all means come to the lounge and feel free to joke, bs, or just flame ;) it's why we have it!

Upvote 0
Over moderation is never good. Less is more.

Having been a moderator ("host") at a vast political forum, I can tell you that the mods here are doing a great job of keeping that balance.

When the hammer comes down, sometimes, those involved or those close on the sidelines might feel "over moderated."

But no, believe me, there is no over moderation here. ;)

Upvote 0
Been/am a moderator of a few forums and while i like the Mods here It does feel a little heavy handed on the moving of topics. Sorry but I'm not going to read through thousands of merged Froyo posts. Froyo is a hot topic right now. People have different ideas and questions and not everyone wants to read through 100 pages to find a simple answer. Everyone should search first but sometimes you don't find the answer you are looking for.

That being said it is what it is. I don't pay for this site therefore my voice means nothing. The owners and mods can run it anyway they want, its their house. There a ton of things I dislike about other forums. Some I can change and others I just have to play by the rules or move along. I will say that I have been moving along more and more though.

Upvote 0
I do think the mods do a great job, it's just a little hard to follow sometimes. I mean, you start replying to a post and after you hit submit you're in another thread. A little disconcerting when you're sober.:D

Maybe what they should do is on something major like froyo, they could use a subforum for that. As of late info on that is the first thing I go looking for. More than likely the Official Froyo thread would be at the top of the list. Other threads could be allowed to rise or fall as they may. I would only suggest this for hot topic items like froyo with threads that grow exponentially and have would have valuable info get lost in the shuffle.

Again, I think the mods are doing a good job, but as with everything it could be better. I value the hard work you guys do, just offering a suggestion if it would help with the confusion.:)

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
I do think the mods do a great job, it's just a little hard to follow sometimes. I mean, you start replying to a post and after you hit submit you're in another thread. A little disconcerting when you're sober.:D

Maybe what they should do is on something major like froyo, they could use a subforum for that. As of late info on that is the first thing I go looking for. More than likely the Official Froyo thread would be at the top of the list. Other threads could be allowed to rise or fall as they may. I would only suggest this for hot topic items like froyo with threads that grow exponentially and have would have valuable info get lost in the shuffle.

Again, I think the mods are doing a good job, but as with everything it could be better. I value the hard work you guys do, just offering a suggestion if it would help with the confusion.:)

I whole heartedly agree.

Upvote 0
let me explain something to both of you.

The original thread was moved out of the main section originally because it dealt more into the accessories for the Incredible. When the OP complained about the move I stepped in to check it out and felt that it was basically two questions in one, unrelated to each other. Therefore to avoid a thread going into a long multiple discussion (as has happened in the past) thus causing confusion among the readers, I decided to split it. The part dealing asking about comparing the droid 1 to the incredible got placed in the main incredible
section. The other part dealing with accessories got moved to the accessories section.
Its called organizing. Not over-moderation. If I was to be an over-moderating type of moderator, I surely would...
1-not have to explain my actions,
2-could close this thread,
3-leave the original merged thread in its place
3-and Give out infractions for questioning a staff member.

On the other hand, I feel that the OP and the members at large should be told what has transpired and the reasons of why the thread was split. This keeps everyone in the loop.

If you still feel that I am over-moderating, thats fine. Everyone has an opinion. You can continue the discussion via pm to me or to my admin bosses.

Carry on.

TS out

Hard to contact the you when you left no trace. No PM to me, nothing in the thread.......

Upvote 0
Been/am a moderator of a few forums and while i like the Mods here It does feel a little heavy handed on the moving of topics. Sorry but I'm not going to read through thousands of merged Froyo posts. Froyo is a hot topic right now. People have different ideas and questions and not everyone wants to read through 100 pages to find a simple answer. Everyone should search first but sometimes you don't find the answer you are looking for.

That being said it is what it is. I don't pay for this site therefore my voice means nothing. The owners and mods can run it anyway they want, its their house. There a ton of things I dislike about other forums. Some I can change and others I just have to play by the rules or move along. I will say that I have been moving along more and more though.

Oh i see some contradictory trickery here!!
I do not want to go through thousands of pages of froyo topics, much rather search through the merged froyo topics :p

Upvote 0
......and how would I have known that when he left no trace to as who moved the thread until he posted in this thread?

when I made this thread he had not split the threads or edited them in any way. so there was no tag on the bottom with his name.

When all else fails, just ask a mod a question, doesn't matter who it is they can pretty much figure out who did what rather quickly

Upvote 0
Which is what I did with this thread. No need to be all secret about it. If the mod has such thin skin that this thread causes them issues then maybe they not be a mod.

A good mod does as little of possible, anything else causes people to stop posting. My thread did not violate the ToS or the spirit of the board so there was need to do anything with it.

Now if someone violates the ToS or the spirit of the board then a mod should step in. I have no issue with that.

Upvote 0
because my words were change and the intent I had for my one thread was changed.

I also do not buy the what the mod is selling because if the mod wanted to let me know why the actions were taken the mod would have done so at the time of that action, not AFTER I made this thread and this thread http://androidforums.com/suggestion-box-feedback/152168-overzealous-mods.html

again there was no real reason to move the thread in the first place and no reason to split them. If a poster here can feel like they are welcome to make a thread that isn't against the ToS and is in the spirit of the board then posters will stop making threads and posts. to me this was someone power tripping and then come back in for some CYA.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones