• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please stop moving my thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only view the "Incredible" forum. If I post something here and it moves, I never see it again. If I see a thread I started was moved I just delete it since I'll never see it again after that.
Just because YOU only visit this main forum doesn't mean EVERYONE does. What kind of reasoning is that? That's like saying, I only drink milk, so if I see any other beverage, I throw it away.

I agree. And now you moved the "Hypothetical thread about not ever receiving Froyo". I do not wanna have to sort through 70+ pages to see peoples reactions to that question.

Not every post with the word "froyo" in it has to be in the "Official Thread"

Its really annoying.
Same response as above. Just because YOU don't want to, does that mean EVERYONE doesn't want to? I find that most people complaining are putting their own desires above everything else, and want things done in a way that comforts them. The official 2.2 thread was created for a reason, and no its not so that it can be ignored. If everyone felt the need to voice their opinion about 2.2 and make their own thread, can you imagine how many threads you'd have on this forum? Then all of a sudden people will complain that the mods aren't doing ENOUGH.

but if it also talked about the Incredible doesn't it belong in the Incredible area?
The 2.2 thread is in the INCREDIBLE forum. The subforums above are pertaining TO the Incredible, hence the "(Incredible)" next to them. So even if a thread was moved into one of those, it'd STILL be in the "Incredible area."

I will just add that this forum is way over moderated and I honestly think it is a main reason it's rarely used anymore. JMO, but the activity of this forum would support my theory. Was totally excited about this place when I first received my phone but this place is dead.

Those sub forums are and always have been useless. Threads go there to die.
How have they been inactive when I've seen a few hundred posts just from today? I think you might want to revisit your statement. In addition to that, the reason this forum is a bit slower than it was when it was first created (and realize that we almost have as much traffic as the Droid X forum, as I watch that forum too) is because everything has been beaten to death. You can't think of a topic that hasn't already been covered, so NATURALLY, there will be less to post about.

I've been a mod in the past. Not currently. There were about 8 of us. There was an internal discussion on the level of moderation needed there as well.
I'm going to assume any type of moderation you've done hasn't been on a forum quite as large as AF. I will leave it at that. To make the jobs of the mods easier, moving threads is essential in case they need to refer back to that thread and delete/lock/etc within it. If the subforums did not exist, you'd have a hell of a time scouring through threads.. and I'm talking about 15 root threads mixed in with a few "What case should I get" threads along with "Help I had a random reboot." Yeah, not fun for mods OR members. Try to keep that in mind before complaining about the moving as the subforums were created with a REASON and the moving is done with a PURPOSE.

The mods and guides are trying to keep this place as organized, efficient, and easy-to-use as possible. Before any starts bad mouthing or criticizing any actions, stop yourself and THINK for a moment why something was done. Trust me, after a good thought you will come up with an answer. This includes moving threads to a subforum (which I covered above), locking a thread (typically a thread will go into a bashfest or contain spam), or deleting posts (usually off-topic posts).

Upvote 0
again there was no real reason to move the thread in the first place and no reason to split them. If a poster here can feel like they are welcome to make a thread that isn't against the ToS and is in the spirit of the board then posters will stop making threads and posts. to me this was someone power tripping and then come back in for some CYA.
You obviously just don't get it, do you? You made a thread asking for help about whether you want a Droid or Incredible. Fine, that stays in the main forum. HOWEVER, you then go on to add questions about the accessories that you can buy. THAT is ACCESSORIES related. So with that reasoning, your post was split and RELEVANT text was placed in the RELEVANT forum/subfoum. Its not that hard to understand. We have a certain structure we like to maintain here and one of those points is making sure RELEVANT posts go into their pertaining RELEVANT subforum (or if it does not fit any, stay in the main forum).

Upvote 0
No you do not get it. I would have been fine with had the mod in question said WHY he was doing what he was doing at the time and not make up some BS CYA excuse after the fact because I made this thread and http://androidforums.com/suggestion-box-feedback/152168-overzealous-mods.html

Here is a clue for ya, Look at the time stamps

He over modded plan and simple and now staff is circling the wagons. If I wanted to split it into 2 threads I would have done it but maybe just maybe by asking more than one questions in a single thread someone else might post something useful to me. How about seeing how the thread flows before modding it.

Upvote 0
No you do not get it. I would have been fine with had the mod in question said WHY he was doing what he was doing at the time and not make up some BS CYA excuse after the fact because I made this thread and http://androidforums.com/suggestion-box-feedback/152168-overzealous-mods.html

He over modded plan and simple and now staff is circling the wagons. If I wanted to split it into 2 threads I would have done it but maybe just maybe by asking more than one questions in a single thread someone else might post something useful to me. How about seeing how the thread flows before modding it.
Let me make this very simple for you. Take it or leave it, it doesn't make a difference because it is what it is.
1. I just told you the reasoning above. I suggest you read it. You made 2 identical threads, I can tell you I moved one of them.
2. The mods here do not owe you ANY explanation. Please do not hold yourself to some type of entitlement. If the mods want to do something, they are free to do so without having to report back to you. That's why their MODS.
3. No one is scared just because you made that thread. The mods and the guides on this forum are quite close and work together very tight in making this forum what it is. We all have open lines of communication, so no we are not "circling around in wagons."

Upvote 0
+1 i would like to see how this turns out. Lets see if the MOD will over use his powers for evil and not for good. STAY TUNED!!!!
What one sees as evil others may see as a blessing. All depends on the persons point of view.

I will just add that this forum is way over moderated and I honestly think it is a main reason it's rarely used anymore. JMO, but the activity of this forum would support my theory. Was totally excited about this place when I first received my phone but this place is dead.

Those sub forums are and always have been useless. Threads go there to die.
Well it wouldn't be moderated if things were done correctly in the first place. Again, I do not believe the staff over moderates. We do what has to be done to make this place run smoothly.

If he doesn't have any business opening his mouth then neither do you. Get off your high horse.
Watch it. Be nice.

Hard to contact the you when you left no trace. No PM to me, nothing in the thread.......
If anyone has an issue with a post/thread they make, be it a disruptive member, troll, or a staff member moving, merging thei post and the OP feels its shouldn't have happen. It doesn't matter if the OP does not know who did it, just use the report post problem and type in your comments. Someone at the mod/admin level will see it and do something.

because my words were change and the intent I had for my one thread was changed.

I also do not buy the what the mod is selling because if the mod wanted to let me know why the actions were taken the mod would have done so at the time of that action, not AFTER I made this thread and this thread http://androidforums.com/suggestion-box-feedback/152168-overzealous-mods.html again there was no real reason to move the thread in the first place and no reason to split them. If a poster here can feel like they are welcome to make a thread that isn't against the ToS and is in the spirit of the board then posters will stop making threads and posts. to me this was someone power tripping and then come back in for some CYA.
Like I said earlier, the staff really do not need to inform the members of each and every action done on a post/thread or forum. Some do like I do some don't. We are so busy doing stuff behind the scenes that at times even I forget to log my actions. But regardless, a thread is logged of everything that is done to that thread. Only after seeing your post did I reply back of what was done to keep you and others in the loop. As for not understanding the reason why it was moved, it just was by one of our guides. I saw it afterwards, reviewed it and decided it needed to be put back but needed to be split since it dealt with two different topics. Sorry if you feel that was the wrong course of action.

For your info, its not a BS CYA excuse. Like I said before, I do not have to give you or anyone else any explanations of my moderating duties. I did only because I thought the OP (you) would appreciate someone would take the time out of their busy schedule to explain what happened to their thread.

As for the rest of you folks jumping on the bandwagon of "oh, its a mod overstepping his powers", "they always do that", you really need to get over it. We are here to do a job. If we did not merge, move split threads and kept everything in one main forum, you would then be complaining that "oh we need subforums, where's my thread?, how come my thread ended up on page 25" etc etc etc etc
If you post or make a thread you should be automatically subscribed to it. Doing so, any posts thereafter yours, will send out a email notification informing you that a post was made. Upon clicking the link in that email you receive, it will take you to where the thread is now located.

No one is going to be happy about everything, be it rules, structure etc. But they are what they are. Follow them, use common sense in posting, be nice to your fellow members and you will soon see that we wouldn't have to step in so much.

TS out

Reactions: Jeted
Upvote 0
When people with a tad bit of power feel they are all powerful and do not need to explain themselves, that is call a power trip. You sir are tripping bad. You were wrong, just admit it and we can move on. Once you do that you have a shot at becoming a good mod. You are showing a my way or the highway attitude and that doesn't work if you want open discussions.

I will use common sense in posting if you could use common sense in modding, I have feeling that is not going to happen though.

Myk Out

Upvote 0
When people with a tad bit of power feel they are all powerful and do not need to explain themselves, that is call a power trip. You sir are tripping bad. You were wrong, just admit it and we can move on. Once you do that you have a shot at becoming a good mod. You are showing a my way or the highway attitude and that doesn't work if you want open discussions.

I will use common sense in posting if you could use common sense in modding, I have feeling that is not going to happen though.

Myk Out
Seriously. :rolleyes:
There are not many mods that explain out in the open their actions, so are they all also on a powertrip?

Funny but if I did have a my way or no way attitude, you would have already been banned for that last post of yours, and the discussion would be ended.
As for apologizing for my actions, there have been many occasions that if I have erred, I will apologize but in private and public in these forums. Its just the way I am. I have no problem doing so. But in this case, I see no reason to apologize. I still think it was the correct course of action.

But since it seems no matter what I say or do will satisfy you or any of the others on the "its the mods fault, they always do that" bandwagon, then I suggest we either take this to PM to discuss it further or drop it and close this thread so that it won't take up any more space on the threads page.

TS out

Reactions: Jeted
Upvote 0
Hello all...just your local admin chiming in. As I'm going to assume that none of you here have modded a forum with over 200,000 members, I'll just say this since I'm typing it from my phone. Not everyone is going to be happy with every move the mods make. I, however, have a lot of faith in my mods and guides. I should, I picked most of them myself. I'm sorry for those who feel that sometimes things are overmoderated, but there is a lot of work to be done and I think it gets done well.
Now, in the future, instead of creating a thread about it, I would appreciate the offended party to pm a mod. Any mod, and they'll handle it that way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones