1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Please stop this screensaver!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tsanborn79, Oct 21, 2010.

1. tsanborn79

tsanborn79 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    when in the dock after a while i get a floating green clock. I just want the dock to come up and stay there. I am running BB .5 but has done it on 2 different phones rooted or not.

Advertisement

2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    I'm not terribly familiar with that, but I though there was an option to turn off the screen saver timeout in the dock settings.

3. drowe

drowe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Male
    North Carolina
    That is the clock app that loads when you put it in the dock. There is no way to stop the screen saver. The only choice is to get a different clock and have that one start when you put it in the dock. I use Night Clock that just has a digital clock, full screen, and you can get to alarms. There are several clocks available that will replace the stock clock.

David

4. vincentp

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    Ah, that's why I thought you could stop it. I use alarm clock plus and there is a screen saver option.

5. tsanborn79

tsanborn79 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    so is there any app that is like the native one where i can see the time and the weather?

6. vincentp

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    I use Alarm Clock Plus, and it shows time and weather, plus has an option to disable the screen saver if you don't want it. I can't remember if it was free or not, but the main reason I use it is because it forces you to do math to snooze the alarm, and it's the only way I can wake up...