1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support please suggest a best action for a layman

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by minnie11, May 25, 2011.

1. minnie11

minnie11 Newbie
    None

Mar 2, 2011
    I am facing some problems, can anyone please guide me as there is so much info online....which is the best easy solution!!
    firstly, my wifi is giving me hard time, when I try to connect , it gives error, I have to try 4-5 times before i can eventually connect, any solution to that??
    the other is...my device is becoming a bit laggy.... should I apply lag fix?( I bought this in march)
    I dont know if my device is rooted and I dont know how to root it.
    and I will never do that myself cuz I always end messing up things usually....so if there is an easier lag fix or upgrade, please help me.
    here r the specs of my device:
    FV: 2.2
    BV: I9000JXJPB
    KV: 2.6.32.9
    root @....... ??( I guess its rooted when I bought it ,is it??!!)
    FROYO.JPJPA

Advertisement

2. minnie11

minnie11 Newbie
    None

Mar 2, 2011
    if I do hard factory rests, maybe that solves the problem, but how do I backup my apps and angry bird game and contacts?

3. Marbles

Marbles Newbie
    None

May 19, 2011
    Hi.

Plug the phone into you're computer or a mates, and download samsung kies. In the "help" drop down box, select "search for updates" This will update you're Kies software. Afterwards There should be an automatic update available for you're phone which will bring it up to the latest android gingerbread rom. (2.3.3) XXJPO. Make sure to back up all you're stuff when prompted, and make SURE that the battery is FULLY charged before you do this.

Most of you're stuff will still be there afterwards, but obviously some programs might have a hard time with the new operating system. So if you need to reinstall some, check on you're Internal sd card, and copy any program related folders over to the External card. reinstall, run the program, then copy them back. You shold be good to go then! The Gingerbread update addresses a lot of lag problems that 2.2 froyo had.

4. minnie11

minnie11 Newbie
    None

Mar 2, 2011
    thanks a lot, I will try that :):D