• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PLEASE TALK ME OUT OF LEAVING ANDROID FOR EVIL iOS

I love most of the benefits for android but i am getting real tired of waiting hoping and praying for my devices to upgrade. I have the LG g slate and the Lg G2x and also have the Dell streak 7 for my wife. The g slate is still running 3.0 with no word of 3.1 or 3.2 upgrade, the G2x is still running 2.2 with no word of a 2.3 upgrade in sight. And the Streak is still running 2.2 with no word of 2.3 or 3.2 upgrades. Although I am not a huge apple fan atleast when they announce a new upgrade with cool new features I know I will be getting it, not hoping and praying I may one day be lucky enough to get it.

Welcome to Android Forums!

Hmmm. If having the latest and the greatest is the end unto itself, then you should consider getting a Nexus. They have always been the first to get updates and always will be the early adopters and the proving ground.

As for tablets, buy the most advanced one you can find because the mid-range and low end tablets will be the first to be orphaned. Of course that means spending considerably more on tech that will eventually become obsolete in the not too distant future, but it would be more likely to get the updates ... if they are coming at all.

All is not so happy in iOS land either. Just ask many of the 3GS owners what happened when iOS 4.0 rolled out and how long it took Apple to even get their "supported" phones even usable again.

The desire to be always in line for the latest OS update seems to me to be a race without a finish line.

Upvote 0
I have an evo, and a jail broken iPad 2. iOS seems so backwards to me compared to Android, even after being jail broken. Even though there are some better apps out there for iOS for now (getting better for android every day tho), I believe this will be my last iOS device. I agree with the response a few posts up... get a Google phone, and you'll be upgraded in a much more timely manner.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones