1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Please tell me there's a way to uninstall this update on my SGT4...

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Athenais S, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Athenais S

Athenais S Lurker
    None

Feb 6, 2016
    Female
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, which I LOVED... until last night.

This is my 2nd SGT- I've had this one for about a year now, and I primarily use it as an ereader and audiobook player, but wanted something with decent web function as well.

Short version: I want to uninstall an update that screwed up most of my files and apps. Is this possible? Can you direct me in how to do so? Pretty please? In layman's terms?

Rambling Version of events:
    I use UB Reader Premium, and Smart Audiobook Player Premium as my main apps- I have Kindle and Audible, and a bunch of other stuff, but those 2 are my main reasons for using the tablet. About a week ago, I kept getting a message to install downloaded updates (these were device updates, not individual app updates). I finally did, because the tab kept telling me I needed to do so, or it wouldn't run smoothly. Updated it, restarted, yada yada- noticed my gmail interface suddenly sucked, but that's just a matter of taste, so I didn't think anything of it- until I tried to listen to an audiobook with SAP. There's no book covers, save maybe 5 audiobooks of about 60. Went into UBReader, noticed the same issue- half of my ebooks are missing their covers, and any metadata updates I did (changed covers, names, etc, within the app itself, on the tab) reverted back to the original and deleted half my covers.

All my cover files were re-sorted, removed from the actual folder for the ebooks & audiobooks, and put into their own individual folders (1500+ of them, and of course, the names are just numbers, so I have to open each one to find out what cover it is). I have about 1500 ebooks, so manually re-adding them is going to be insanely time consuming.

I'm planning to buy a new tablet in the next month or so- so I don't want to invest that much time into repairing this one with the update- please, please tell me there's a way to just revert back to the tablet pre-update? I just want it back to the way it was before the update (please?). Is this even possible? If so, can you walk me through it, or direct me to a website that would? I'm not super tech-savvy, so please bear this in mind- I can follow directions, if anyone is willing to tell me how to do it though.

I don't know if this is relevant, but I have an SD card too, which I'd moved half my apps to- including UB Reader and Smart Audiobook Player. UB is operating normally, but when I tried to open Smart Audiobook player, it said to reinstall, the app was corrupted (though it worked, it was just missing covers)- so I went ahead and re-installed (and lost the premium version I just paid for, of course). When I hooked the tablet up to my laptop and looked at the individual audiobook file folders, I noticed all the cover (jpeg) files were missing from them. Whatever it was, this update randomly deleted stuff from folders, it's bizarre.

Again, I'm planning to buy a new tablet soon, so the updates aren't even all that important to me at the moment. I just want things to revert to what they were- once I get the new one, I'll wipe this one of all my personal stuff and can re-update then if need be to keep t running- but until then, can it be uninstalled? Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Sorry for the ramble, I just wanted to make sure i mentioned anything that might be relevant.
    Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None