1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

PLEEEAAASEE HELP!!! Home screen is just black.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ortizjorge57, Dec 21, 2011.

1. ortizjorge57

ortizjorge57 Lurker

Someone please help me with my phone!!!
    I tried installing a new rom with rom manager but when it restarted it didnt load the home screen.
    it only shows the status bar at the top
    Can anyone please help me fix this...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Did you do all the relevant wipes before hand? Both Caches, System partition and data?

3. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

Despite what it says, ROM manager is not fully compatible with the Optimus V. Check out AndyOpie's Truth About ROM Manager thread in the All Things Root subforum.

Chances are you have a 2.2.2 phone with an S screen and installed a ROM and recovery without the correct drivers.

El Presidente likes this.
  4. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

It's alright we here can help you fix it.
    First go here VM670NH_recovery.img
    This is the BobZohme modified CWMod recovery
    Download it to your PC.
    Take sd card out of phone and put in pc with the sd adapter.
    Transfer recovery to the root of the sd card.This means to put it near the bottom of the list of folders. Rename it recovery.img
    Put sd card back in phone.

Go here New pre-packaged ADB installation
    This will establish adb in you system path.
    Then go here LG Optimus V Driver Download - LG Cell Phones Blog
    Install the driver's. Be patient.
    when done installing plug in phone, make sure USB debugging box in settings/application/development is checked, and let them finish installing.
    open up a command prompt and type in this:
    cd.. then hit the enter key.
    cd.. then hit the enter key.
    cd SDK/platform-tools, then hit enter key.
    adb shell, then hit enter key.
    Then go here http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...tory-reset-your-rooted-phone.html#post3263770
    Type in the first,second,fith and sixth line of code. After the fith line of code you should get a #. If you do not,or get any error, then do not type in the sixth line of code. Try retyping the code.
    Then follow the rest of the instructions in the post.
    The selection key is the camera key,volume rocker is the scroll up/down

5. ortizjorge57

ortizjorge57 Lurker

I fixed it!
    Thank you guys very much!! :D

6. sanman1978

sanman1978 Newbie

Im so confused!!!! I have the same black screen not able to go into setting my launcher is gone but I had titanium and everything was backed up i just cant restore, i dont see a terminal on boot up when i press home power control up it shows black screen fast boot processing commands im not able to type commands here, sorry im a noob and totally lost ive been searching for and downloading files for two days contact me by bessage if you need to i just need to get this fixed im almost in tears

7. AndyOpie150

Tell me if you can please, everything you have done to your phone, from the time it was working fine, to now. Please don't leave anything out, This will help me and the other members to trouble shoot your problem and get you back to rocking the BACKside, or whatever you decide to use.

Let me know where you got the Item's from and include links if possible. Let me know how you got them on your phone (downloaded on PC then put on sd card, downloaded with WiFi, downloaded with 3G, etc.).

The more precise the info the better for you. Please don't assume I know what you did, and then leave out something important that will help us out.

Thank You
    AndyOpie150

sanman1978 likes this.
  8. sanman1978

sanman1978 Newbie

I rooted my phone a couple weeks ago taking off a few factory apps like facebook nothing major phone had been working great. I had titanium and backed up everything a few days ago , a couple of days I downloaded NoBloat and deleted my home launcher because i use go launcher not thinking I would need it, but i did back this up and still have the lg launcher file on my sd-after deleting I kept getting a force close and had to reboot. After rebooting there was no home screen but i did have a notification bar i could call myself and can make texts but cannot get into any options. I tried adding a photo from gallery hopping my launcher would pop up or settings from sms but those are only settings I can get into and also camera. But tried wifi cannot get it to work so that maybe I could jumpstart launcher. My usb to pc was working now it doesnt register and ive tried downloading drivers still doesnt work. I have tried putting launcher on sd root but im new to this so prob doesnt do anything alot of the posts on google ive found just confuse me i had recovery-RA-pecan 2.2.1-dnm-drap and recovery image on root not sure where I aquired it on a forum somewhere , Im just totally lost -I have tried the power keys down volume I dont have what someone says a terminal, or power buttons volume up gets this black fastbootscreen- all my files are on sd i justt need the launcher to do anything and im hoping my info helps , thank you so much for any info

9. sanman1978

sanman1978 Newbie

I still cant get my pc to read my phone, ive downloaded all drivers says works fine but the usb doesnt even show on my phone- this phone was awesome ive spent so much time trying to fix it with to some one else prob be easy fix im just not good at it ready to give up and buy the same phone instead of getting my nerves all outta whack , i have no terminal that shows on phone and no usb connection so even if i could fix prob wont be able to , ill be here waiting i dont know what else to do, Also everything had been moved to sd using apps to sd_ i have rootinstaller too everythings is backed up there, in fact i didnt even delete home i just moved it to sd-i cant believe ive spent so long trying to figure something out when i know its there i just need it moved back to right place. Also if i cant get into setting how to turn on mass storage?

10. sanman1978

sanman1978 Newbie

ok I finally got a driver working by searching lg had to be exact case sensitive LGP 350GO , go figure so got the drive working but is nass storage the same as when your able to go to setting apps development usb debugging, i cant accest options- so maybe im halfway there now and help would be appreciated> Now ive tried with command promps but keep gettin not recognized internal external command messages

11. AndyOpie150

? What phone do you have. This is an important question that needs to answered before we can continue in any direction.

12. sanman1978

sanman1978 Newbie

Its an lg optimus p350g running android 2.2, in the comand prompts after abd shell it says device not found

13. AndyOpie150

You do realize that what works for one phone might brick another, right.
    I can't give you advice on what you should do with a phone I know nothing about. My advice which is based on my experience with the LG Optimus V, might just brick your phone.

What is your phone called; example: my phone is an LG VM670 but it is called an LG Optimus V

With all that said: Let me see if I can scrounge up info on your phone. I really need those links, now more than ever. I need to see what you saw and look at the info you looked at. This will help me see what mistakes where made so I can figure out a solution.

Most times when you install a custom recovery the first thing you do is make a backup of your system in you recovery in the back up and restore option/backup option (this is called a nandroid backup). This backup is located in the clockworkmod folder on the sd card. Do not format or erase the sd card without first moving this file onto your PC.
    This is the image you where referring to I hope.

If you did make a backup, all you need to do is go back into your recovery and select the backup restore option/restore. Then reboot into your system.

If your having a problem getting into your recovery menu screen give me a link to the site and page where you got your recovery from so I can see what is needed to get you into your recovery screen.

Also, if you are having trouble installing the drivers. Delete them and reinstall them. Power down your PC, then plug the phone into the PC. Turn power on.

14. sanman1978

sanman1978 Newbie

its an Lg optimus me - mostly just following directions on this site as i read that all optimus are basically same but i understand what you mean. What image are you referring to? Titanium Backup? Im sorry i get lost easily I also have root uninstaller and No Bloat that has backups- these are all list of things like addresse - dont see a clockwork mod folder- i keep getting device not found on command prompts but my usb is working as im able to access sd card. Imnot sure if i have recovery, im able to make phone calls and texts by calling myself and using call log from there but cant access anything else, is there somewhere i can put the lg launcher file? and i keep hearing of a teminal and seeing them on other phone screens, i havent seen this on mine

15. AndyOpie150

Go here P350 - All Things Root - Android Forums post you problem there.
    I will research which recovery will work for your phone. I see that you only have one gingerbread ROM. Will try to see about getting that and the proper gapps installed after getting the proper custom recovery on your device. PM me when you get there. Try to see what recovery you need and I help you set up ADB and install the Recovery through ADB on your PC using shell commands.

16. AndyOpie150

You have a LG Optimus Me, you need to post in that forum. This is the Optimus V forum. Anything we do to fix your phone needs to done in the Me forum so members with your phone who have your problem can learn by just reading whats posted. That's how this whole site works. Members with one phone helping each other out. That way they get just the info necessary for their device and not info that will mess up/brick their device.

My conscience will not allow me to give you advice here. You need to post in the LG Optimus Me "All Things Root Forum". I will help you there.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews