1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ployer Momo 20

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kaylesh, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Kaylesh

Kaylesh Member

I have just received my Ployer Momo20 Quad - 10.1 Inch Quad Core Tablet PC today via a official uk importer so everything is in in English no Chinese stuff language on it at all.
    I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this one and how to update it to Android 4.2 it supposedly is upgradeable from 4.1.
    Any hints,tips etc appreciated as this is my first tablet. Used to android from my phone tho.
    Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Oh yeh Shenzhen Ployer, I know them.

Almost certain the only chance of a 4.2 update would be if it came from Ployer themselves in Shenzhen, which is probably very unlikely.

here we go....
    ployer.cn
    ”Chinese stuff language” only I'm afraid. Don't bother looking at the English site, it's not been updated in over a year. :rolleyes:

BTW are you sure they have an official UK importer?

3. Kaylesh

Kaylesh Member

As sure as I be :). Can never be 100 % sure. A friend recommended them a while back but not been able to afford to buy then so kept them in mind.
    On reviews on amazon they have a good reputation from those that have chosen to review.

What do you think of Ployer in general ? As I said i'm interested in any and all opinions. Ta in advance.

Kay

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Hi Kay.

I think Ployer are like a second tier Chinese manufacturer, others being makes like Ainol or Ampe, that do actually design and manufacture their own devices. The first tier are the well known makers such as ZTE, Huawei, Lenovo or Oppo. Then there's a third tier of unknowns, and there's hundreds of them, that do the knock-offs, KIRFs and the unbranded stuff. Much of which is absolute junk.

While I think the Ployer devices are reasonable, they seem to be getting better these days. Just don't expect much in the way of support or software updates from them. and if you can read and speak Chinese, all the better. If you're buying from Amazon, you should be OK for returns and warranty, should you need them.

Kaylesh likes this.
  5. Bagusrifai

Bagusrifai Lurker

Yeah, if you want to buy Chinese tablet, try to buy from Ainol..They have a good tablet with OTA update

6. Kaylesh

Kaylesh Member

Thanks for the response. I updated my Momo without any difficulty back in the summer from GTR electronics website,which is who i got it from. Was relatively easy once i had some instructions.
    I've had no issues with it since. :)