1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support pls help!! battery life

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by pat corbett, Jul 10, 2016.

1. pat corbett

pat corbett Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2016
    Male
    Greetings,

I have an alcatel one touch with lollipop. Yes I know this is a cheap phone. I thought I would take a chance on it as I got it at a great price. I have had no problems with it. I downloaded too many apps, and decided to do a factory reset to wipe it as I had too many meaningless photos on there also.

Before the factory reset, I would charge it to 100% and get 30-36 hours of use. SINCE I did the factory reset, when I charge it to 100%, my battery monitors says I have about 17 hours of use, or about 1/ 2 of what I used to get. I am a very busy person and don't have time to spend charging this thing for 2 hours to use it for 15 hours and charge it again. I am about to toss it in the garbage.

I am not a heavy user. I don't have it on all day texting and reading email and blah blah...just once every few hours I look at it. I have turned down my screen brightness, closed running apps, checked the battery usage which is normal (40% screen 60% OS) even pulled it apart to physically check the battery. All seems fine...but I have lost 17 hours of usage time!

any ideas???

pls and thank you!!!

Advertisement

2. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    It is odd that a Factory Reset should instigate this battery problem. Try rebooting back into Recovery Mode and select the option to wipe the system cache partition. The system cache is different than the user-installed app caches, it's the temporary storage for various operating system services that run in the background. Maybe some temp file became corrupted during the Reset process and you just need to manually wipe it.

You mentioned closing running apps and that may help in specific situations but for the most part you'll probably be better off just letting the operating system manage itself. Android memory management will idle background processes if and when it needs more memory. Otherwise, when you manually stop apps you frequently use, instead of being already partially loaded into memory your phone's resources (battery power being a part of that) have to reload them again.

KOLIO likes this.
  3. ciresiuol123

ciresiuol123 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 7, 2016
    Male
    Clear the cache as suggested above.
    To boot into recovery (if you don't know how) turn the device off then press and hold the power button and either the volume up or volume down (some devices are different) until the device boots... You should see a screen with options to factory reset/wipe cache/install updates from various devices/etc... If not, try the other volume button...
    If your device has a hardware home button, you may have to hold it along with volume/power...

While in recovery, clear the cache, and if the option exists, clear the dalvik cache...

If these don't help much, you could try disabling some system apps...

As a last resort (my first resort on any new phone, but make sure you read up on how), root your device and actually uninstall some system apps, and get an app to control wakelocks (some apps can turn on services while they're running in the background) and disable wakelocks for any apps that you don't use regularly... But again, read up on rooting and wakelock controlling before attempting any of this... Oh, and don't use Kingroot to root unless it's literally your only option... Kingo Root, Towelroot, and iRoot are decent...

Good luck

4. pat corbett

pat corbett Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2016
    Male