1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Pls help! Unlocked sprint htc m8 trying to switch to safelink (tracfone), need help asap!!

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Masta Splint, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Masta Splint

Masta Splint Lurker
    None

Mar 9, 2015
    Male
    Mechanic
    Arizona
    Ok so I have safelink which is a free government cell service here in AZ and other states, it's is the same company as tracfone.
    My current safelink phone (which is actually an unlocked Verizon note 3) is somewhat broken, there's just to many problems with it and so I wanted to buy a new 1. I picked up a perfect condition HTC m8 from a friend that he had unlocked from sprint. We called safelink before and they said we could transfer my service to that phone but would have to buy a sim conversion kit for tracfone and use the att nanotechnology sim card, which we did, we then called safelink and they said they are switching the serive it would take an hour.
    It's been 2 hours and phone still doesn't work, we have turned on and off many times and tried to make calls. Called safelink back and they now say that they can NOT transfer service to any sprint phone even if it's been unlocked. Does anyone know if their is a way around this???

Advertisement