• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Pls. Help with Nook/sd card issues.

I rooted an SD card with Cyanogen Mod7 Gingerbread. The Sd card is 16G. Everything works just fine with a few exceptions.

1. My SD card shows FULL which it's no where near full. How can I get to the PDF files I have on my SD card while running Gingerbread? They are not showing up.

2. When I have the SD card in and boot up with Gingerbread, I can't get to any pdf's ( or any files) I have loaded onto the Nook. I'd like to use the 8g storage on the Nook if I can.

3. When I try to read a pdf while running Gingerbread, it says I need a program ( EZPFD reader) which I have but can't access it because it doesn't show up on my SD card and I'm not going to buy it again unless I absolutely have to.

It's a miracle in itself that I was able to root the SD card by myself with no problems. When I look back at the instructions, it all looks Greek to me now..:eek:

Can someone help and explain in a 3rd grade level so that I can understand? Please, please. :D

You can only use the stock 8 gig when you boot without the sd card. The purpose of that type of install is to preserve the warranty. If you used koopa kids size agnostic install like I did you should have 16 gig minus the space cm7 takes up. When you are booted with the sd card technically the nc is an android. Hopefully you have an android phone like I do. Or another phone with a micro USB cable. I find using my phones cable to copy data to my pc easier.however I use the nook cable for charging.charging. just connect your nook to your pc with the cable and when the message comes up to copy data click the button that says to use the device as storage. With Linux i don't need a driver but with Windows you might need one.Windows 7 might autodetect the nc. Then the nc cm7 partition will show up as a storage drive with A letter in my computer. Once it does just copy your PDFs to a folder you can create in the drive. This partition is your sd card. You will also see a partition labeled nook. I think you can use it also. But i never do because I always run cm7 and the nook partition isn't visible in cm7. However if you want anything visable when running the stock nook reader you can copy it there. I use a 32 gig sandisk sd card. Cm7 automatically partition the card to use 32 gig minus the space for the os.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones