• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PLS HELP! z2 android Urgent!

dannnnnn

Lurker
Feb 7, 2016
Hello, I have a sony xperia z2 and I accidentally dropped it. The screen is broken and I cannot see anything on it except random lines. It turns on because I can hear the sound. The camera works too because the camera button works and I can hear it taking pictures.

I want to access the phone but whenever I plug it in to my pc, it comes blank but I could do it before it broke and access my files because I would have to unlock the phone and select the option to let the PC open files.
I need to get my files and pictures back, how can I do this? PLS Help
If you can help I'll send £10 through paypal, pls help
Dan

Hey Dan, welcome to AF :).

Sorry to hear about this...we see/hear this a lot, unfortunately.

If you happened to have USB debugging enabled, we could probably help you out, but that's usually not the case with most folks if they don't know about it or have previously needed that option.

I think from what you've described about that the screen is totally non-responsive?

Also, does your device have an HDMI output port? That might allow it to be used to hook your device up to an external screen and see and control it that way...(most devices just have a USB port, though).

Anyway, if the above doesn't pan out, your best bet would probably be to replace the broken screen...not ideal, but better than losing your files.

Reactions: svim
Upvote 0
After looking up your model it's kind of obvious Sony didn't intend this to be a customer's self-service phone. Too much glue! Anyway, since your phone is still functional with the screen showing those odd lines perhaps there's a remote possibility it's just a matter of the ribbon cable going from the motherboard to the screen became partially detached when you dropped it. The link below has step-by-step instructions on cracking open your Z2. In step 8 there are pics on the connectors:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Sony+X...+Touch+screen+&+LCD+Display+Replacement/34650

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones