1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Accessories Plug Motorola Car Charger into Vehicle Dock?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jeremy81, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Jeremy81

Jeremy81 Member

Just wondering if anyone knows if it would be okay to plug a Motorola car charger into the Motorola Vehicle Dock instead of the USB cable it comes with. I haven't received mine yet so I'm not sure?

Advertisement

2. ncampo

ncampo Lurker

I am using my Nexus One Car Dock charger with mine. Weird thing about the Atrix car adapter, it comes with the dock, cables, but no charger? Nice Motorola!

Jeremy81 likes this.
  3. Jeremy81

Jeremy81 Member

Yes, it is a ripoff that it isn't included. I wouldn't have purchased but I received a 25% off coupon and got it shipped for $32. Amazon has the Motorola branded charger for less than $6. With free Prime shipping that is an excellent deal.

4. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert

I got the car dock with my phone yesterday, ATT gave me the car charger for free, BUT I don't need the car charger, my stereo has a USB I use to charge phones all the time. So I gave the charger to my wife for her Bravo.

:)

5. coreymcl

coreymcl Well-Known Member

Is the car dock worth getting? Can you share your thoughts on it?

6. ncampo

ncampo Lurker

Not sure if I am the right person to answer this as I won't buy a phone unless it has it's own car dock. That being said, yes, the dock is definitely worth it. It holds the phone securely and fits with or without a case (there is a removable sleeve if your phone is in a case. You can hide your charging cable as it plugs into the dock, then you plug your phone into the dock cradle. And at $32.00, it's not much more then a decent aftermarket dock that is no more then a cheap looking accessory.

7. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert

I second that, the car dock is awesome, well built and well designed. A must have if you use the phone as GPS or music interface to stereo what have you, and as referenced in a new post today, it also works as a dash cam, total bonus!

8. electronaut

electronaut Newbie

Where'd you find it for $32? On Amazon it is $59.99, or $53.99 after visiting the Amazon 10% off page.

9. Jeremy81

Jeremy81 Member

It's only 39.99 on the AT&T website. 25% off coupon at att.com/discount

stoli412 and electronaut like this.
  10. coreymcl

coreymcl Well-Known Member

I picked one up today from the ATT store for $39. I have a question for those who also have one.

When the phone is in the car dock and I have a Q2 bluetooth headset connected when I play music via the default music app. The music plays through my bluetooth headset instead of via the aux port. Is anybody else having this issue or have you found a way to route the music to the aux port?

Thanks

11. barry99705

barry99705 Android Expert

My headset is out in the car, and it's raining, so I'm going from memory, and from my Streak... You should be able to go to the bluetooth settings and hold on the headset. That brought up the sound settings for the headset on my Streak. Not sure if it will do that on the Atrix... Worth a shot though.

Braved the monsoon. Hold the headset then hit options, then uncheck media.

12. odnerd

odnerd Member

So is it able to charge the phone if you have a case on it or just hold it?

13. Evil.Bonsai

Evil.Bonsai Android Enthusiast

There's a shim, of sorts, that sits inside the adapter if you're not using a case. YOu leave that out if you're using one. Might be of limited use, though, depending on specific case. If you use a thing silicon sleeve tyep, it'll probably work just fine. For the larger otterbox types, might not fit so well.