1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Plugged S3 into bad USB slot - now it won't recognise it

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lektap, Aug 8, 2012.

1. lektap

lektap Lurker

Hi,

I have had problems before with this computer with the motherboard shorting out and causing the computer to crash, however I didn't think it would do anything to the USB devices connected to it.

I plugged in a USB portable harddrive and used the computer and it abruptly turned off and the USB harddrive was bricked.

I then waited a month or so and forgot completely about this and plugged my S3 into the same usb port :eek:

The phone turned off, however it thankfully turned back on and can charge via USB still, however it does not recognise it on my computer or any computer I plug it into.

Can you think of anything I could do to get the USB data functionality working again?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. F34R

F34R Newbie

Turn the computer and phone off. Plug the computer into a good port. Turn the computer on, then once the computer is up and running, turn the phone on.

3. CMNDR

CMNDR Member

Was there any smoke when you plugged it in?

4. lektap

lektap Lurker

Still nothing F34R.

There was no smoke/smell when I plugged in the phone - but like I said it did turn off.

5. CMNDR

CMNDR Member

I'm guessing you have the proper drivers on the computers your trying to plug it into?

6. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

If it doesn't Get picked up on another computer then it has shorted the connections. Lucky for you this will probably be covered by warranty if you report it that usb connectivity to computers for transfer is broken

7. sleeco

sleeco Well-Known Member

Try deleting Kies and reinstall, it should then add the samsung drivers for your phone

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews