• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Plugging in USB causing Droid to Reboot over and over.

I've had my droid since December and couldn't be happier, except for today. I really don't do anything out of the ordnary with my Droid except tether my laptop. I have several apps but I've never rooted and I use the factory OS.

But today out of the blue for no apparent reason when I plug my Droid into my USB on my laptop it starts rebooting over and over. It will go through the start up Moto sign and Droid Eye but once it gets to the home screen BAM it reboots again.

My droid is in good shape and never been damaged or in liquid. I haven't had a chance to plug it into a travel charger nor have I tried a different USB cord. I will do that as soon as I get home.

Anyone else had this issue?

I've had the same problem a few times in the last week where it would reboot over and over. I was NOT plugged into a computer, but it was after it had been plugged into the wall for awhile.

Battery pulls did not work and after waiting for awhile it would eventually stop restarting and worked fine (sometimes after waiting a couple hours).

I have no idea if this is hardware or software related, but I uninstalled all apps that I downloaded in the last few weeks and I've still seen it once since then. I guess if I see it one more time I will try the factory reset or take it into Verizon...

Upvote 0
I take it your using stock software and not rooted? This happened on one of my phones and it was because of some app...never could figure out which one. But, if I restored with no market apps, everything was fine, but when I restored all my apps that I had downloaded...bingo...it would start into the reboot loop. I gave up and just started over, and will be more careful when installing apps to check and see if each one causes a problem. Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones