1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

plugging into PC via USB

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Apache, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Apache

Apache Well-Known Member

(deleted and started under Gripes thread -- more accurate and comprehensive title)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GRey1

GRey1 Lurker

I was also wondering about this.

3. Apache

Apache Well-Known Member

I guess others are also experiencing this then. If there is no solution then this is definitely a weakness compared to some other older Android devices.

Other deficiencies I see:

Mobile web pages do not autoadjust for the width of the screen, I have to pan around them. This is a real inconvenience. My old T-bolt did this flawlessly.

Extra clicks needed to do simple tasks. E.g. With my T-bolt, I could hit the phone icon, see recently called #'s, click on one and it would call. Now on the GS3 I have to hit phone icon>recent button>click on a recent call>then click on the phone icon when that contact opens up. That is 2 extra clicks for a simple and common task.

WiFi -- why am I seeing a Wifi notice? Surely there's gotta be a way to turn this off, keep it off, and not have to see it "Wi-Fi Off, Tap to turn Wi-Fi on" every time I pull down the task bar - ???

Power on bottom. Cannot stand device up while charging.

Taskbar - it does not show all my running programs or recent program. E.g. if I'm reading a kindle book and get a text message, I pull down the taskbar and click on it and check it, then I pull down taskbar again and Kindle is not showing there. So I have to go back Home and open up the Kindle app again.

I cede that there is a possibility that some of my settings are off, I certainly hope so.

Any assistance? I think I have some additional grievances that I'll add as they come to me. I'm not sure why such a new and supposedly cutting-edge device seems to have glaring deficiencies.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews