• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Plz Help. Loss of all sound from phone

I have been using a new Droid Turbo 2 for about 5 weeks. In the past 2 weeks people will call/text me and no sound will come through the phone. I can go into Settings-Sounds and adjust all the volume meters but no sound is heard while doing this. Also I can select ringtones/notification tones and no sound is played. Volume up and down buttons do not fix the issue either. I have checked headphone jack plugin and its clean. This issue happens at random.

The only fix I have found is to restart the phone, then all sound works as it should for couple of hours calls/notifications produce correct tone/sounds. Is there some sort of auto mute feature I'm unaware of on this phone? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Welcomed to android Forums.

First ... Wipe Cache Partition deleting all temporary data and not touching permanent data, settings, or installed apps. See ... http://androidforums.com/threads/droid-turbo-2-reference-and-tips.965124/#post-7137749

If the problem happens again after that reboot into Safe Mode disabling all apps you added without uninstalling them.. If the problem stops it is caused by an app that you added.

... Thom

Upvote 0
My issue was fixed before when I did the above steps. Now just over 2 months later is is mysteriously back out of nowhere I have no sound on my phone.

Does anyone else get this issue? I'm sure others have had this happen.

Edit: Followed instructions for Marshmallow 6.0, and I get sounds from sound adjustment. However regular up/down buttons for volume on ringtones no longer make a noise while adjusting?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones