• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

plz help. question about browser. gingerbread

bigjoncoop

Apr 18, 2013
USA -NY
Hey fellaz

I'm running gingerbread. Using standered browser.

For example:
Ill load this page to post a new thread. It will fully load. If I leave the browser for any amount of time, when I got back into it it always reloads the page I was at instead of just going rite back to where I was. Its really anonnying. And it uses up data

Is there away to change that? Should I get a new browser? If so what one?

Thankz

That's sounding like a symptom of running a lot without a lot of ram.

What sort of phone do you have?

Are you running a task killer?

The smallest memory browsers I can think of would be a mini (not sure about Opera, but probably so), or Boat Browser Mini - or the Naked Browser.

That said, both of those last two will reload pages when I'm running a lot of other things, which leads to my questions above.

Reactions: dustwun77 and IOWA
Upvote 0
That's sounding like a symptom of running a lot without a lot of ram.

What sort of phone do you have?

Are you running a task killer?

The smallest memory browsers I can think of would be a mini (not sure about Opera, but probably so), or Boat Browser Mini - or the Naked Browser.

That said, both of those last two will reload pages when I'm running a lot of other things, which leads to my questions above.

Agree with this completely. This used to happen to me a lot with my moment, and occasionally with my shift.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Hey guys thanks for ur help.

I've got a LG l38c running gingerbread. My phone normally runs with around 115mb free ram available.
And my browser doesn't always reload the page when I go bak into. Just certain site. Like this site.
And I do not use task killers!!! Read alot about them.

Thanks

Hey I just noticed something. If I'm on this site and hit my home key then come back in browser it reloads this page but if my screen times out and turns off and I turn back on and unlock screen this page is still here. Doesn't have to reload it. Don't know if that helps

Upvote 0
We have a lot of active content on our pages, I see reloading often when I do that.

Try Boat Browser Mini, settings, browser settings, turn on cache to sd card.

If the problem is related to big, active pages that can help a lot. No guarantees, but I think it's worth a shot.

Another is that browser, settings, page settings, set flash content to on-demand.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones