• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Plz help zte score m root

can some one plz give me a step by step tutorial ive tryed the guide on here and it didnt get me far at all ive been trying all sorts of methods for over 4 months lol.
ive rooted a few phones before but they were one click roots so im a noob when it comes to manual rooting
why is the metropcs zte score m so hard to root lol

Well I haven't tried this on the metro pcs version as I only have the cricket version of this phone but this seemed a really easy method for me you might check it out.

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=654502

This also worked for me to root a Straight Talk Optimus Q usin the same apks and method posted above. So it seems to work fairly well. I've heard that it's been more difficult to root the score_m since they updated it and closed the back door so hopefully this can help :)

Upvote 0
Well I haven't tried this on the metro pcs version as I only have the cricket version of this phone but this seemed a really easy method for me you might check it out.

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=654502

This also worked for me to root a Straight Talk Optimus Q usin the same apks and method posted above. So it seems to work fairly well. I've heard that it's been more difficult to root the score_m since they updated it and closed the back door so hopefully this can help :)

I can verify that this method works for the MetroPCS ZTE score m. Just rooted, about to make a back up now.

Upvote 0
You know I have someone over on cricket users that's havin the same issues lol But he was actually able to get a rom booted by doing an advanced restore of his original boot image once the rom was installed. However we're still tryin to get a boot image flashed lol Anywho thought I'd throw that out for a try in your situation as well. But these two phones are quite diff so I'm not sure lol

Reactions: genovdot
Upvote 0
You know I have someone over on cricket users that's havin the same issues lol But he was actually able to get a rom booted by doing an advanced restore of his original boot image once the rom was installed. However we're still tryin to get a boot image flashed lol Anywho thought I'd throw that out for a try in your situation as well. But these two phones are quite diff so I'm not sure lol

It actually may work. I thought about doing it but when I had cwm touch recovery everything was all funky and big and I couldn't see that option. Ill give it a try and thanks.

Upvote 0
Again no prob and let me know if you figure out a way to get a boot.img flashed lol I'm still trying to figure out where the prob is comin in and if once in a blue moon poot could be causin this. Wich I'm not sure about as I've personally rooted two diff scores usin it and had no probs installing a rom but apparently there's an extremely rare amount of scores (so far this makes only the third one I've heard of 1 cricket, and 2 metros) that are not wantin to flash roms. Wich I've now narrowed down to some kinda error when the boot image is flashed yet the recovery log shows no probs and I'm completely at a loss trying to re-create the error as neither phone I have will seem to do this lol anywho sorry for the long post but I noticed you've been around android a bit lol so hopin between the two of us maybe we can figure this out lol mainly though cause most of the cool mods in my cricket roms are in the boot image lol but figure a solution could help all ;)

Anyway glad I could help and you got a pg rom on there as I know the debloated scarred rom (I think it was something like that lol) was awful purdy lol. I actually booted it on my cricket phone to check it out once lol

EDIT: oh yeah the other prob on the cricket score that was doing the same thing is he seems unable to gain root using adb, or at least from what he was saying that's what it sounded like. So just curious I guess if you can or get a chance you might try pushin something to the system usin adb and see if it'll let ya. It's definitely kinda weird lol of course so is this phone lol

Upvote 0
Again no prob and let me know if you figure out a way to get a boot.img flashed lol I'm still trying to figure out where the prob is comin in and if once in a blue moon poot could be causin this. Wich I'm not sure about as I've personally rooted two diff scores usin it and had no probs installing a rom but apparently there's an extremely rare amount of scores (so far this makes only the third one I've heard of 1 cricket, and 2 metros) that are not wantin to flash roms. Wich I've now narrowed down to some kinda error when the boot image is flashed yet the recovery log shows no probs and I'm completely at a loss trying to re-create the error as neither phone I have will seem to do this lol anywho sorry for the long post but I noticed you've been around android a bit lol so hopin between the two of us maybe we can figure this out lol mainly though cause most of the cool mods in my cricket roms are in the boot image lol but figure a solution could help all ;)

Anyway glad I could help and you got a pg rom on there as I know the debloated scarred rom (I think it was something like that lol) was awful purdy lol. I actually booted it on my cricket phone to check it out once lol

EDIT: oh yeah the other prob on the cricket score that was doing the same thing is he seems unable to gain root using adb, or at least from what he was saying that's what it sounded like. So just curious I guess if you can or get a chance you might try pushin something to the system usin adb and see if it'll let ya. It's definitely kinda weird lol of course so is this phone lol

Was this cwm built from the online builder? I don't have too much experience in android but I know enough to help get an issue fixed. Lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones