• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PocketBlu for Android

drexappeal

Extreme Android User
Apr 8, 2010
West LA, CA
Whatever disc you want to watch must be PocketBlu enabled, and you also have to have a BluRay player that's connected to a network (like a Playstation3 or perhaps a BluRay drive in your PC). As you can imagine, most BluRay discs aren't PocketBlu enabled, and most BluRay disc players aren't network connected.

Just my opinion, likely because I've been watching movies on portable devices since way back in my Palm Tungsten|2 days, but it would be easier to just convert it to MP4 and put it on your Evo's SD card. That way you're not sucking down your battery life streaming a movie, you don't have to pay more for a PocketBlu enabled disc, you don't need a network ready BluRay player, and you're not just limited to BluRay movies (since DVD's are still far more available/affordable).

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones