1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Podcast App Questions

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by safetyobc, Apr 25, 2012.

1. safetyobc

safetyobc Newbie
    None

Jan 15, 2011
    5-0
    Arkansas
    hello,

I searched a bit but couldn't find an answer to my question so here goes:

I am looking to get into Android. I have narrowed my search to either the Galaxy Tab 2 or the Galaxy Player 5.0. One of the main uses for this device will be podcast watching/listening as well as music. I am currently using an iPod Classic and will replace it with one of these devices.

With each of those devices only have 8GB of internal storage, my main concern is if can I store the podcasts on the micro SD card and not on internal storage? I know that the app itself has to be installed on internal storage.

Also, most if not all of my podcast consumption will be offline so streaming won't be an option. I will need to store the podcast before leaving my connectivity. I have read good reviews on doggcatcher but cannot find the answer if I can store them on the micro SD card.

Thanks for any information!

Advertisement

2. woodsb123

woodsb123 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 26, 2010
    To answer your question - YES, you are able to save your downloaded podcast files to the sd card on your android phone. This is achieved by most, if not all, podcast apps that are available. Hope this helps.

safetyobc likes this.
  3. safetyobc

safetyobc Newbie
    None

Jan 15, 2011
    5-0
    Arkansas
    Thanks for the info! This is great news to me. Likely be selling the iPod Classic and going with an Android device. Just can't decide between the Tab 2 or the Player 5.0.

Thanks again!!!