• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Podcast on Android?

weaver4

Lurker
Jul 19, 2010
I am a iPhone user now and I am considering an Android Phone. I prefer the more "open" environment. I am a software developer and I want a phone that I can program without purchasing a Apple Computer.

My most common use of my iPhone is to listen to Podcast. I have 24 different podcast that keep up to date on. Some News, Some Comedy, some Technology. I use itunes to keep up to date and build play list of podcast that I listen to while I commute; So while I commute to work in the morning I listen to CNN News, John Madden, Fox 5 min podcast, and John Davork's 5 minute technology podcast all in a playlist.

I understand that Android phones do not have a iTunes type app; so what would be the best way for me to mange my podcast?

There are tons of podcast apps that are good alternatives that have the same content your looking for.
For example.
Doggcatcher
Stitcher Podcast
Podkast
beyondpod
Hapi Podcast
myPOD Player

Those are just a few. There are many more. I'm a former Iphone user and just got the EVO a couple of weeks ago and i couldn't be happier. I don't even miss any apps because in my opinion there are alternatives that work better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones