1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Podcasts Audio/Video & Playlists - Guidance Please

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by Wentworth, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Wentworth

Wentworth Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    I use an Ipod Touch for music and podcasts(audio and video). I'm upgrading my Android phone and want to incorporate both into it.

I've looked at some podcast apps but none seem to fit my purpose; that's probably because of choosing the wrong apps or the wrong approach/misunderstanding.

I have a language learning podcast in both audio and video formats. I have created playlists to group each week's lessons. I can't seem to find a podcast that would recognise these.

I would be grateful for some suggestions, apps or a particular plan. The music and all podcasts equal about 40Gb. I think it would be best to only have perhaps 3 weeks/playlists of language learning at one time to save space; I'd prefer to load/unload these rather than music. Would it be best to copy what I need onto an SD card? Would a podcast app recognise the playlists? How about a music player app that plays audio/video?

I found 'itunes agent' but it's not practical as I'm migrating from Windows to Linux Mint on my desktop and itunes isn't practical on Linux.

I tried Google Listen but it doesn't have audio. Google Music is no good as I live outside the US. I found it difficult to get my head around Mypod and Beyondpod - couldn't figure out about playlists.

Many thanks in advance.

Advertisement