• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Podcasts missing on Tab 3 8.0

Hey everyone,
I tried to move 269 podcasts (about 7 GB) from the internal storage on my Tab 3 8.0 to the SD card with the PocketCasts app I use with those podcasts.
It looked easy enough...the app simply gives you a 'one click' option of moving all of the podcast episodes to the card.
But the data wasn't moved to the card, and now it doesn't appear to be in the internal storage, either.
Help! Could these podcasts be somewhere on the device, and I am just not seeing them? (I checked 'storage' and can't find them anywhere).
I have most of the individual episodes backed up on my PC.
If necessary, should I remove the SD card from the Tab, put it in the PC, copy the episodes to the card, and then put the card back in the Tab? If I do that, will the podcasts app find the episodes and put them back in the proper categories and playlists, where they were before I attempted to move them?
Many thanks for your help with this!

Looks like the problem is solved.
The downloaded episodes were gone from the tablet, but the app still showed them as "available for download," so I did that for all 269 episodes.
I saved the fresh downloads to the SD card, refreshed the artwork, and everything seems to be OK now. I tested a couple of the new downloads and they're working. Having the SD card for extra storage is really nice.
Thanks again for your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones