1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Podcasts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by anthonygobot, Jul 31, 2010.

1. anthonygobot

anthonygobot Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Tech
    Midwest
    Any of you using a podcast app? I cant find a decent free one and I dont want to pay for one I wont like. The Zune Market Place was perfect for free podcasts. I just want to get Car Talk and House of Reggae!

Advertisement

2. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Educator
    SC
    Have you tried Google Listen? It works pretty well as long as you can go around and collect the links yourself. I use Doggcatcher, I think it was $6.99, and it works really well at playing video podcasts.

thirteen113 and anthonygobot like this.
  3. mkurl

mkurl New Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I just downloaded .Podkast today, and so far I'm happy with it. They have a very good selection of podcasts, and it has all of the features that I need. And it is free.

4. anthonygobot

Jul 2, 2010
    Tech
    Midwest
    I just want an audio podcast app but video would work nicely for the NPR Science Video Podcasts to.

5. mchung53

mchung53 Well-Known Member

I'm also using .Podkast. It tends to be a bit laggy for some podcasts but overall its pretty good considering it's a free app.

6. anthonygobot

Jul 2, 2010
    Tech
    Midwest
    Woohoo Jamo thanks, Google Listen is perfect! Putting in the rss feed link takes a min but it all works nicely!

7. Travisimo

Travisimo Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    USA
    I'll second Doggcatcher - it has completely replaced my old iTunes workflow as I switched from iPhone to Android. Lots of options, good headset controls, etc.

8. ashb

ashb Member

Feb 11, 2010
    DBA
    Washington DC
    BeyondPod has worked nicely for me. I set up my feeds in Google Reader then sync them to the app.

9. MadScientist18

Jul 9, 2010
    Beyondpod has worked great for me too. Not only podcasts but also news RSS feeds which is nice. Definitely worth the $7.

10. dennygreen

dennygreen Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    I had to pay for Doggcatcher. There are podcasts that I listen to that I could not get working with anything else. It was money well spent I'd say.

11. thawk21

thawk21 Member

Jul 1, 2010
    I use dpod. It is free and easy to use. All you have to do is find the link to the podcast you want and enter that into dpod and it will sync up with that podcast. also after you download the podcast it will throw it into your music podcast list. Good luck.