1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Pokemon GO Error: onboard_avatar_already_set

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Sagefire, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Sagefire

Sagefire Newbie
    None

Jul 19, 2016
    Male
    Land o' Lakes - FL
    Hey everyone, I've been having an issue with my Pokemon GO ever since I tried to first download it. I download Pokemon GO, no issues, I open it, it loads up, I create my character, click ALL SET, and it crashes. I tried going in again and when I tried to create my character a second time, it gives me an error saying onboard_avatar_already_set. I tried reinstalling, downloading from a 3rd party website, everything. But in the end I couldn't find anything that helped. I've already submitted a request to Niantic. I've looked this up on forums and it seems to be happening on other devices as well. My device is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (Android Kitkat 4.4.2)

I was wondering if anyone else has been having this issue, or if there's a potential fix. If there isn't a fix, I hope we can ban together and contact Niantic about this issue. Thanks. Screenshot_2016-07-19-19-36-24.png
    The error I'm getting

Advertisement

Winter Rose likes this.
  2. Winter Rose

Winter Rose Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2016
    Female
    I've been having the same problem to and I've already contacted Niantic about it, but I haven't found the answer for the 4.4.2 but I will tell you it when I find the fix.

Attached Files:

3. Xereniak

Xereniak Newbie
    None

Jul 14, 2016
    Female
    I haven't encountered this myself, but the error output itself seems to be saying that it already has the avatar linked to the account, and this is simply a loophole in the code. What i would recommend you try is to boot pokemon go to the login screen and create a new account, since the erroneous data is likely tied with the account you were making when it crashed.