• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Polaris Office on S3 available on Samsung More?

westbros

Android Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2010
When I was researching the S3 I was looking out for Office apps, because I need to keep my work shift rota on my phone and on my previous HTC Desire I had Quickoffice. I had a look at the S2 and Note and both had Polaris Office loaded (the viewer only, I assume). But when the S3 came out I noticed that Polaris was not installed - at least it wasn't in the app drawer.

So the other day I downloaded Documents To Go's viewer, which seems to be a very popular app. It's fine, although I don't like the ads (which I assume would go if I paid for the full version).

Just now I tried to open a file and was surprised to be given the option to open it with Documents To Go or Polaris 4.0! On first sight Polaris' viewer is much nicer on the eye. A full version is available, but not via Google Play. Instead a splash screen tells me I can download it from the "Samsung More Service"... I don't have this on my phone and I've googled it and found nothing. Can anyone please shed light on what this "Samsung More Service" is, where I can find it and how much Polaris costs?

Thanks for any tips! :)

You have to open Samsung Kies on PC.
On the left side, you have Store and Podcast Channel and Samsung Apps in it.

Select Samsung Apps.
Sign in.
Select your phone.
Select Category. Here you can find 'More Services', but you can not find Polaris Office (yet). I think Polaris is still working on it.

If you know better, write here...

Upvote 0
You have to open Samsung Kies on PC.
On the left side, you have Store and Podcast Channel and Samsung Apps in it.

Select Samsung Apps.
Sign in.
Select your phone.
Select Category. Here you can find 'More Services', but you can not find Polaris Office (yet). I think Polaris is still working on it.

If you know better, write here...

I do not have an option for samsung Apps. in my Kies...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones