• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Police scanner issue with audio

wjsaffell

Lurker
Jun 5, 2010
Has anyone else had this issue?

I can go to radioreference.com on my pc and listen through the web players and all the audio is fine.
I have tried multiple different scanners on my droid but all the audio is scrambled. I then went to both the m.radioreference and the non mobile radioreference from the droid and both of those audio feeds also sound scrambled.

anyone have any ideas?

Reactions: tatmike7
Mine works fine with my stations. If you are having a problem with just one particular station, go to radioreference.com and email the person who is hosting the scanner. Its not the apps fault, so theres no need to email the dev. The app just plays whatever streams come from radioreference.

I just played that station, and it sounds bad. Whoever is hosting that is probably having problems, i would email and let him/her know.

Upvote 0
Has anyone else had this issue?

I can go to radioreference.com on my pc and listen through the web players and all the audio is fine.
I have tried multiple different scanners on my droid but all the audio is scrambled. I then went to both the m.radioreference and the non mobile radioreference from the droid and both of those audio feeds also sound scrambled.

anyone have any ideas?

You can connect to your PC using TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet and run radioreference.com on it remotely. You will see your PC screen on your phone's screen and you can operate it's cursor and click. I don't know if you'll also have audio. Worth a try, imo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones