1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Poll: Are you keeping or returning your Atrix

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tekonus, Mar 10, 2011.

?

Are you returning your Atrix?

Poll closed Apr 4, 2011.
  1. Yes, I will be returning it before my trial period is up.

24.1%
  2. No, I am keeping it past my trial period.

75.9%
  1. tekonus

tekonus Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    So, this is it.
    It's black or white.
    Are you keeping it or returning it?

No whining posts, no flames.

Just vote it up so we can see what the general consensus is.

If you are on the fence, don't vote until you've made your decision.

I also don't want to hear your reasons why you are on the fence. I wanna to keep this as simple as possible so that we can gather some reasonable statistics.

Advertisement

2. DT

DT Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Owner, Senior Software Architect, V2N
    Vilano Beach, FL
    If you're returning it, pics of it before you do :)

3. humjaba

humjaba Newbie
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    I've never had a phone for *less* than two years, and I fully intend to keep this one for just as long. It's *the* fastest phone available right now, and will only get better as the software upgrades.

4. mgymnop

mgymnop Member
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Scientist
    San Diego
    I returned my Nexus S, I returned my MyTouch4G and I keep my Atrix:)

5. zizo79

zizo79 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 5, 2011
    PA
    The only reason why I will be returning it is if the Capping issue isn't addressed or resolved. :-(

6. hbg

hbg Member
    None

Nov 27, 2009
    Love the phone, but the download speed in an HSPA+ active market is disappointing. I keep planning on taking it back and keep putting it off. However, my current plan is to take it back to Best Buy tomorrow and stick with my Samsung Epic 4G on Sprint (we have great WIMAX speeds here) until Verizon gets their act together on LTE phones. Don't want the Thunderbolt, though- I want a form factor like the Atrix- its perfect.

7. ScuroRaven

ScuroRaven Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 15, 2010
    I am keeping mine and that is not because it is past the return date

8. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    Well the Bell's Atrix isn't capped...so you know where to go if AT&T doesn't ota and uncap it.

9. velvetelvis

velvetelvis Newbie
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    sacramento, ca
    Keeping it and when an easy root comes out I will root and enable hsupa. That's if Att hasn't by then.

10. Shamdawg

Shamdawg Newbie
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Keeping it.

11. hbg

hbg Member
    None

Nov 27, 2009
    vvvvvvvv

12. tekonus

None

Jul 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    So, I guess not everybody is miserable with their Atrix afterall. :p

13. DT

DT Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Returning it. I called to verify a few things today (account rollback, re-stocking fee) and it's going in the mail tomorrow. The thing is, it's a good phone, and I'm not unhappy with it. I'll post a more detailed follow-up a little later!

14. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert

Jul 21, 2010
    Male
    Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker
    Under your bed
    As much as I HATE AT&T I equally LOVE THIS PHONE....Keeping it. (I know I am weak)

15. DT

DT Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Interested in my nearly new Incipio case? Didn't even use the screen protector :)

16. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert

Jul 21, 2010
    Male
    Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker
    Under your bed
    If you're asking me DT I have the Speck case and the Otterbox, I am covered....oh bad pun.
    Anyway... that was part of my decision, I have the car dock and 2 cases investment already, so as much as I love it I will keep it and continue to cuss AT&T.
    :)

So never did figure out getting movies on here, and I leave for LA at 7am on Thursday.
    :mad:

17. tekonus

None

Jul 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    78 votes as of right now, and over 70% of people aren't returning it. You wouldn't know it looking at the first page of the Atrix forum, though. Maybe everyone is keeping them so that they have something to gripe about? :p

18. captaincanada84

captaincanada84 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 28, 2010
    Sales Associate
    Asheville, NC
    Definitely keeping it. I love this thing

19. insomnioac

insomnioac Lurker
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Software Engineer
    cisco
    Feel great after returned the phone.. overpriced from AT&T preorder to begin with. and don't trust AT&T/Moto will come out with a patch soon. will probably get the first real LTE/4G phone or Iphone 5

No restocking fee nor activation fee charged make the trial period much better. :D

For those who keep it don't get me wrong. The phone is alright, probably above avg considering it's the first dual core. just hate how AT&T handle the situation and no patience to wait for their promised patch/update/fix

20. dressagerider

dressagerider Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 12, 2010
    I voted to keep the phone, but actually returned it yesterday for the Inspire.

The atrix is a great phone in so many ways! The first few days I had no problems, but as I added more apps and started customzing the phone - and maybe just after more use - I noticed some things that worried me. The phone had a hard time staying connected to my wireless router and the inspire works great, as does my husbands iphone, daughters itouch, and 3 computers. It was the phone, not the router. The atrix also started to get hot after a lot of use. Additionally, I started noticing lag a lot.

The screen resolution is beautiful, but the screen size is small and the icons are TINY. This started to bother me after the first week.

Motoblur is not bad, but it is so far behind sense or ios. I found myself downloading other launchers and widgets just to get the phone to look good. With the inspire, sense is all I want - it has really come a long way.

The hardware possibilites with the atrix are amazing. Once att upgrades their service, I think this phone will be much better.

21. ROCer

ROCer Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    Electrical Technician
    Upstate NY
    Keeping it. I'm happy with the Atrix

22. Dead9000

Dead9000 Lurker
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    Why I returned mine the DAY AFTER

March 17th 2011 I was the first one at my local Bell store and got the Atrix with the labtop dock. Brought it home, played around with it and thought it was the BEST. I used the labtop dock and noticed that it you were able to stretch the phone's screen to any size, that was pretty cool. But then I also noticed that when you use any of the apps on the phone through the dock it SEVERELY impedes the performance of the Atrix. I loaded Angry Birds and found that it had a hard time running it, even if the mirrored screen was skewed to a smaller size. I then noticed that Motorola made NO effort to offer an "App killer", thus 70% of the phone's processorwas focused on running almost ALL the apps available on the phone in the background. After I finally got App Killer Pro on the phone, I was able to kill SOME of the apps. But after I opened a SINGLE game application, I noticed there were TONS of apps running in the background. This frustrated me to no end, the processor's speed was the same if not a little worse than other smartphones. I ran a few benchmarks on the Atrix and found that it only slightly came out on-top compared to other smartphones (Galaxy S's, HTC's etc..) in performance. But if you compare graphics, thats a whole different subject.
    At first glance, if you haven't had a smartphone (with good display such as Galaxy S's or others), you wouldn't be able to tell whether the display was good or not. But after I took my brothers phone (Galaxy S Vibrant) and compared them side by side, I found that the display on the Atrix was TERRIBLE!! I couldn't believe how bad the display was on this phone. As a test, I loaded a downloaded HDTV xVID version of Simpsons onto the Atrix and my brother (with his Vibrant) STREAMED the same episode of Simpsons on his phone. Right away you could tell that the Atrix's display was grayish and horrible looking. Sure, the picture was KIND of clear, but nowhere clear enough to justify horrible picture. The Vibrant, although streaming from a website, still produced a better picture than the Atrix. In a second test we loaded the Vibrant with the HDTV xVID version and found that it was both CLEAR and had a beautifully colourful picture. For example, the skin colour of the Simpsons were GLOWING with bright yellow tones, whereas the Atrix produced a brown-ish colour of yellow. I was shocked. Perhaps the camera is good on the Atrix atleast? Nope. Not at all, the camera shoots poor video and captures very poor pictures. The flash only makes it WORSE.

Suppose you don't mind not having FULL "dual-core" processor speeds, and you don't mind a terrible camera or not having a good display (of which you'll be looking at for 90% of the phones usage), and you say that the Atrix has the cool labtop dock feature which NO other smartphone has. That's hardly a good argument. I bought the labtop dock for a whopping $329.95 (plus tax, which totaled to about $355.26 in Canada). In comparison, you could get a brand new labtop for that much with more than TRIPLE the computing power of the Atrix. But lets set that aside, and look at the labtop dock. ALL it does, is mirror the Atrix's screen and allows you to browse the internet without viewing through the mirrored screen. THAT'S IT. The dock has 2 USB ports, but thats ONLY for mouse and keyboard. You cant plug another cellphone device into it, you cant plug a USB Stick into it. You cant do ANYTHING with it.

Overall, the Atrix was a HORRIBLE purchase. The morning after I bought it brought it back as soon as I could, due to the fact that contracts are bound after 24 hours. Got $508.45 back from the $564.95 I paid for the Atrix and walked away with a Vibrant (a MUCH better phone, period).

23. Falchion

Falchion Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 30, 2010
    Male
    Lexington, KY
    Love this phone and will be keeping it until it dies :)

24. rexamillion

rexamillion Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2011
    it has so much locked away in it,unleashed would be the best.but then agin if the network isent up to par thats another story.Right its not what i expected.if it dont get better ill pull the sim card and put in something i can use untill it gets updated and if it dont ill start hacking it and will as soon as i know its a safe fool proof hack...my two cents worth thanks

25. WolfmanRobby

WolfmanRobby Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    Male
    Systems Admin.
    Atlanta, GA
    As someone that has used BlackBerry phones for years, and an owned an Archos Internet tablet (I ran Android 1.6), I'm surprised how much I'm loving this phone.

Let's just say, you need to let us vote more than once on keeping it... because there are now 4 YES votes for us... I got one and so did my Fiance, and both of her teenage kids.