• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Poll: Did you get the OTA MR update yet? Yes or NO?

Have you recieved the OTA MR update?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's the official ota update. It was pulled off of another slide that got the update before the update was actually applied to that phone. No root required no root included. it's the same ota that is sent out to everyone. When an update is sent out it saves to sd card as update.zip and the file erases itself after the update is applied but if you postpone the update you can pull the zip file off sd card and share with others that did not get it yet. You just boot into recovery and choose "apply update.zip"

Upvote 0
It's the official ota update. It was pulled off of another slide that got the update before the update was actually applied to that phone. No root required no root included. it's the same ota that is sent out to everyone. When an update is sent out it saves to sd card as update.zip and the file erases itself after the update but if you postpone the update you can pull the zip file off sd card and share with others that did not get it yet. You just boot into recovery and choose "apply update.zip"

oh wow! thanks for lettting us know. so what happens when you do a factory reset, do you need to reinstall this ota MR update that we all will be getting. also if they stop the update on the 19th, what do people do who purchased the phone on the 20th--- do they still get the update ota after the 19th.

final question, mind sharing your update.zip file with the rest of us. If no, where can we get it before t-mobile sends it to us ota.

thanks

Upvote 0
oh wow! Thanks for lettting us know. So what happens when you do a factory reset, do you need to reinstall this ota mr update that we all will be getting. Also if they stop the update on the 19th, what do people do who purchased the phone on the 20th--- do they still get the update ota after the 19th.

Final question, mind sharing your update.zip file with the rest of us. If no, where can we get it before t-mobile sends it to us ota.

Thanks

here

i reformatted the instructions from here:

* make sure you have at least 50% battery power left
1) download update file from here
2) copy the update.zip file you just downloaded to the root of your sd card
3) turn off your phone, then power onto fastboot mode by holding down the volume down button and then pressing power
4) once fastboot loads, (takes a few moments after menu initially appears) highlight "recovery mode" by pressing volume down and select it by pressing the power button
5) once in recovery basic mode, where you see the triangle with red exclamation, hold volume up and press power button to get menu to appear
6) press volume down to highlight "apply sdcard:update.zip" and press power to select
7) wait for the update to finish installing (about 3 minutes) and the menu to reappear. With "reboot system now" highlighted, press power button to select
8) your phone will reboot a few times and take longer than usual to boot (don't panic when it appears to be stuck at the "my" logo screen) before finishing at the lock screen about 4 minutes later.

Reactions: mika.flores
Upvote 0
bad.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm not suggesting anything, I just said that was strange. I could care less how many screenames people have, thanks for the update. T-mobile should just post the file on their site, that way people can just download it.

Here is the link to my file that I originally posted MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I thought His link was easier so I edited my posting and copied it since you obviously didn't see his posting.

Then again if you had read other postings you would know that the update has been posted a few times. Here is another Nothing.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones