• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Poll: EVO owners - What Bothers You the Most

What bothers you the most about your EVO?

• Battery Life

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • Size/Form Factor

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Call Quality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4G Service

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Camera - Still or Video

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Build Quality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sprint Support/Cost

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Other..

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters

septro

Apr 30, 2010
Since tomorrow is launch day and a few folks already have their phones.. let's get a gauge at what the most popular problems that bother the folks about the EVO 4G.

To be fair we should also have a mirror poll as to what you like the most as well - but hey ppl mostly come to forums to resolve issues, so let's get a head start on those, legit or not.

So if a feature/function doesn't meet your expectations - rate it from 1 (bad) to 5 (good) and a rough description of the problem.

Reactions: culaslucas
The buttons at the bottom. should have made then real buttons. them being touch really sucks... and i was able to get the phone to show the home screen in landscape mode. used a momment rom and but a button to flip the screen. kinda sucks but i love to have it horizontal on the kick stand on my deck and it really irritated me.

Upvote 0
The buttons at the bottom. should have made then real buttons. them being touch really sucks...

I like the fact that they are "touch buttons". This is what I was really hoping for this device to have, aside from a Snapdragon, large screen and Android. I think it really helps when using it one handed. If you have to physically depress the button, it is much easier to lose your grip on it and drop it.

Upvote 0
What bothers me is that there are people trying to come up with negative takes to try and undercut what might be the best phone yet. Several on this one page.

I personally find this thread informative. Every new phone has issues - this will ALWAYS be the case.

As a prospective EVO buyer, I would like to know what problems are arising and if they relate to specific pain points that would factor into my decision.

I've been living with the Pre for the last year and I have learned to live with a terrible battery life. As the EVO's biggest drawback seems to be battery life, I will almost certainly purchase the EVO to overcome some of the other challenges I have been experiencing with my current device.

Thanks OP.

Upvote 0
What bothers me is that there are people trying to come up with negative takes to try and undercut what might be the best phone yet. Several on this one page.

Need a tissue?

all this talk about more colors doesnt make sense. do you understand the file size to support color bits in the millions? its not logical with this screen. most of you wont ever even notice this because most apps dont even use it.

As I've stated before, this a multimedia device for me. I will absolutely notice banding due to lack of color depth. Don't tell me about file sizes either, because there are plenty of Android devices that support more colors. My movies and pictures are the same size either way, so that makes no difference.

Upvote 0
Need a tissue?

As I've stated before, this a multimedia device for me. I will absolutely notice banding due to lack of color depth. Don't tell me about file sizes either, because there are plenty of Android devices that support more colors. My movies and pictures are the same size either way, so that makes no difference.

now your just nit picking. if your gonna be using this for your all around everyday multimedia device, then i just feel sorry for you.

i did say MOST in the first place.

Upvote 0
Uhm, It's noticeable on pictures. You can see it on pictures with gradients and reviews have stated that the screen is noticeably "washed out" compared to screens like the Nexus One. Maybe it's because I'm a photographer by trade or maybe I just want to complain about something. It's not going to stop be from buying the phone, but hey...I've got to do something while I wait around for tomorrow. Here's how I see it, there are 1-2 reasons that I don't like the Evo. That said, there are hundreds of reasons the phone is awesome. Picking at a few faults isn't going to kill my Evo experience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones