1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Poll: How Often Do you Clean/Wipe Down Your Device?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by itsallgood, Dec 12, 2013.

?

How Often Do You Clean Your Devices?

1. A Few Times A Day?

20.8%
  2. A Few Times A Week?

20.8%
  3. A Few Times A Month?

4.2%
  4. Whenever Its Dirty?

37.5%
  5. Never?

16.7%
  1. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert

When I use other people phones or tablets, I can see/feel all the oil and gunk on my finger. (Makes me not want to use them.) I wipe my entire phone down at least twice a day, by spraying a little Windex in a paper towel.

How often do you clean/wipe down your devices?

Edited: Sorry, made a typo for option #4. Should be dirty. (Not sure how to edit it.)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

I do it at least 4 times a day with glass cleaner, and when none is handy, a quick wipe on a clean part of my clothing....yeah, I'm a little ocd when it comes to fingerprints on my device:)

3. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

I actually carry the small spray container of the Zag shield screen protector applicator fluid (I think it's isopropyl alcohol, not sure) to wipe my screens. My Note 3 actually gets removed from it's case and both are thoroughly cleaned every night. Can't stand cruddy screens.

4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I voted for whenever it's dirty but that also equals a few times a day.

5. saptech

saptech Android Expert

Maybe a few times a week...I'm not in love with it! I do clean the screen a few times a day.

6. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love

I wash my hands with anitbacterial soap several times a day, so if I am the only one who uses it, I will wipe it down with those glass wipes with alcohol about every other day, BUT, if anyone else puts their grimy germy hands on it, I will wipe it down immediately after.:p

7. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

:ditto:

Of course, cleaning the screen can be terrible for security as next time you check your mail, you leave nice clear dabs that can mean a thief is only 25 attempts away from full access (assuming a 5 digit PIN) :D

funkylogik likes this.
  8. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

When it was new, around 10times a day lol. Now maybe 2ce a week :) i use it so much that it gets dirty pretty fast

9. rcaine

rcaine Well-Known Member

Wipe it down with a soft cloth about every other day. Spigen hard glass always looks clean and crisp to me. Please note my screen and my eyeglasses are not the things I am OCD about:D

10. shelliewnj

shelliewnj Android Expert

About once a day. Or of i use it as an actual phone, immediately after I hang up.

11. MonteK73

MonteK73 Member

Whenever it looks dirty with a eye glass cloth i got, if thats not handy the bottom of my shirt :)

12. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

This thread has been moved to The Lounge as it's not really a topic that fits in the Android Lounge, a place where discussions and questions that are about the OS as a whole take place.

EDIT: I edited the word "durty" to "dirty" for the OP upon his request.

13. saptech

saptech Android Expert

huh? :thinking:

14. olbriar

olbriar  

I clean my phone when it becomes difficult to see through the smudges. :eek: Seriously, I'm like some here. I about rubbed a hole in the glass when it was new and now find I clean it when it's looks in need.

There was a similar thread here a couple of years ago. Not only aesthetics was discussed but there were a number of posts concerning germs left on a phone. Nobody uses my phone but me.. so I guess I'm contaminating myself :) Just thought I'd toss that out for discussion as well.

Codegerm, damewolf13 and argedion like this.
  15. HanSolo

HanSolo Android Expert

Aren't you guys afraid of degrading the oleophobic coating on the glass with the alcohol wipes?

16. Goodspike

Goodspike Android Expert

The fewer smudges, the greater the percentage that are related to your pin, so the easier it is to crack the pin.

I wonder if this thread just attracts people who clean their phone a lot. I seldom if ever clean mine. I'll sometimes clean my second generation Kindle (non-touch screen) if I use it next to the stove while cooking eggs, but other than that my phone only gets a few smudges which I only notice if the screen is off.

17. gbsa

gbsa Android Enthusiast

I work in clay so I clean it once a day when I'm done in the studio

18. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

I'm the only on that uses my phone, and wipe it down if it looks like it needs it.

19. recDNA

recDNA Android Enthusiast

Every morning.

20. wyndslash

wyndslash Android Expert

I heard somewhere that cleaning the Note 2's screen with an alcoholic wipe damages the touchscreen, but i'm not sure if it's even true. Anyway, I just clean it when it's too dirty, lol.

dynomot likes this.
  21. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert

Germs is a big concern for me. I don't like letting others use my phone since I normally don't carry anything with me to clean my phone. (Security reasons too.)

I have a Zagg Invisible Shield screen protector on, so no worries about degrading the glass.

22. Mehta23

Mehta23 Android Expert

Well I am now! Crap. I should not have put that wipe on it -_-

23. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

I am now too. Surely it can't damage it? Any info on this would be good.

24. unnamedny

unnamedny Android Expert

Every morning. Dove does the best job. Wait... Which device are we talking about?

25. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

If I'm bothered by the smudges on the screen, a quick foggy breath, then a wipe on my pants leg does the trick.

Revenant Ghost likes this.