1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Poll] Waiting on the Note 6? What do you have now?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Phases, Nov 29, 2015.

?

What device do you have now?

1. Note 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Note 2

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Note 3

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  4. Note 4

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
  5. Note 5

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Another Samsung device

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  7. Other device

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Hi Marcie and welcome to Android Forums!

Advertisement

2. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

Rockin' the Mate 8 as my personal daily driver and a Priv for my Work daily driver.

The Mate 8 is fantastic and I haven't been able to find a phone that can compete with the screen to body ratio, that also has a large screen (5.5 or higher). This was also another important factor for my keeping the Note 3, instead of upgrading to 4. I didn't care for the Note 4's increase in size, while maintaining the 5.7 screen.

Main reason I've been eyeing the Note 7 is to swap my Priv out as my work daily driver. Unfortunately, the Priv's depreciation has been plunging and having that phone on the Jump program, I'd feel much more comfortable having another Note device. In addition to that, I miss having the S-Pen for daily notes and reminders!

I bought a Note Edge for a good price, to use as a 3rd (e.g. backup) phone and also use as a hotspot for my tablet, but the longer I've had that phone, the more I realize that I didn't care for the physical form factor of that device either (similarly to how I felt about the Note 4).

3. Jerry-rigged

Jerry-rigged Android Enthusiast

I am still loving my Note 4, but Minecraft is starting to lag... LOL

I hope the N6/7 comes with a replaceable battery. Seems like I get about 14-16 months before the battery life drops off. I was late to the N4 bandwagon (January '14) and a few months ago my battery life started tanking. Picked up a new battery a month ago, life is good again!.. :)

I wonder, if we pre-order, will we get a free VR, like they did for the G7?

Jerry

KOLIO likes this.
  4. The_Chief

VIP Member

I sure hope so - my Gear VR Innovator Edition needs a worthy successor!

As far as removable battery, you can just about bet good money that the Note 7 will NOT have one. Samsung has invested heavily in battery technology to make batteries more effcient and longer-lasting... a removable battery would cast doubt on their technology. It would also make the IP68 certification much more difficult. I just really, REALLY hope for out-of-the-box wireless charging! :D

5. Ag76

Ag76 Member

I have a Motorola Droid Razor Maxx, and it's getting kind of long in the tooth. My wife has a Note 4, so I was going to get a Note 5 when it came out, but the lack of an SD card slot was a deal breaker for me. From what I'm hearing here on the forum, a Note 6/7 may be my next phone.

6. J_Hansen

J_Hansen Well-Known Member

Still on N4 and happy with it, didn't bother with the N5 but probably will go for the N6/7 if it is anywhere near as packed as rumours suggest, I can live with the built in battery if it has a 4200 mah battery and both quick charging and wireles

7. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

Damn, the Lenovo Phab2 is something I definitely have my eyes on as well. First project Tango device, although I hope it includes a microSD as well.

8. driffty66

driffty66 Member

I had a note 4 until recently when i got a LG V10. which is a great phone but not without some issues. But i think ill be getting a note 6 if it as a sd slot and the water proofing like the s7.

9. The_Chief

VIP Member

kokiangel likes this.
  10. Note2 is still holding on, but getting worse by the day. I'm hoping the new note 7? comes in at a competitive price point so I can upgrade.

11. The_Chief

VIP Member

Pre-orders on Verizon begin at midnight TONIGHT :D

12. Teegunn

Teegunn Android Expert

It sounds like the opposite - likely the most expensive android phone ever. I would bet 900 to 1000 us. For a little bit bigger S7 basically.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 release date was September 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3500mAh battery.

September 2016
Release Date
Reviews