1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

POLL: which keyboard do you use the most?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by detroid, Jan 9, 2010.

1. skeezicks

skeezicks Newbie

SlideIT looks virtually identical to Swype. Is that the case?

I think Swype is the cat's meow. Can't wait 'til the official release is here; presumably they'll fix the minor bugs I've discovered in the Beta, like the way you can't yet remove words from the dictionary.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Android Expert

80% Swype 20% physical keyboard

3. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Android Expert

About the same as woodstock. I use my PK for anything more than one sentence fragment, like: "Are you coming?" Or, "Funny, LOL!" But since Swype as the ability to record keystrokes (even if it doesn't have the ability to report it), I use my PK for usernames and passwords. I also obviously use my PK for anything I'd type in landscape mode (Swype for portrait mode). Lastly, I use my PK to fill in form data (names, addresses, etc.) because I like being able to see the form and quickly going to the next text box with the d-pad instead of tapping.

4. tjrocks91

tjrocks91 Newbie

Mostly physical, second most is landscape virtual keyboard, and last is the portrait virtual keyboard

5. pwabbit

pwabbit Android Enthusiast

100% ShapeWriter until the demo runs out.

6. Geoj

Geoj Guest

Mostly landscape touch keyboard but I do use the normal touch keyboard often...

7. emdmao

emdmao Android Enthusiast

Swype %100!

Could never go back to anything else.

8. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio Android Enthusiast

swype in portrait...android in landscape...physical for snes and nes games

9. diddiyo

diddiyo Newbie

hardware keyboard 100%

10. howbizah

howbizah Newbie

Definitely loving Swype :)

11. CobaltDragon

CobaltDragon Well-Known Member

Virtual - 80%
    physical - 20%

don't like swype or the other replacement keyboards I've tried

12. kbayer

kbayer Android Enthusiast

Talk-To-Me, but learning Swype...

13. Dabrador

Dabrador Android Enthusiast

14. smegoul

smegoul Newbie

WOW. Just downloaded Swype and it blew me away. I figured it would take a long time to get used to it but I was entering text faster then ever before. Lots of options that I haven't even tried to check out yet. Wonder how this will compare to SlideIT? From the demo SlideIT seems to present word completions earlier in the character sequence than Swype.

I still prefer the physical for crossword puzzles and navigating links on some web sites.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews