• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Polling problem with triumph would running a rom fix it??

bword

Android Enthusiast
Sep 14, 2010
CT
So my mother has a stock triumph and every once in a while after she pulls it off the charger she will end up with a black screen and it will just say Polling..and some other stuff. I dont know if its a issue that roming will fix but im willing to give it a shot. If so can you guys recommend a reliable simple to use rom that doesn't have a billion settings to confuse her lol??

That's just the phone going into download mode, although it's strange that it happens when you remove it from the charger. If she's currently happy with the way that the phone is running I wouldn't worry about it, just do a quick battery pull and your good to go. If you want to go further just look into the all things root guide.

Upvote 0
That's just the phone going into download mode, although it's strange that it happens when you remove it from the charger. If she's currently happy with the way that the phone is running I wouldn't worry about it, just do a quick battery pull and your good to go. If you want to go further just look into the all things root guide.

Not a huuugeee ordeal if it was me but it sucks for her. Considering her medical conditions and not having a working phone kinda bothers me. God forbid she has a diabetic episode and needs to use the phone but wait you have to pull the battery first you know.

Upvote 0
Not a huuugeee ordeal if it was me but it sucks for her. Considering her medical conditions and not having a working phone kinda bothers me. God forbid she has a diabetic episode and needs to use the phone but wait you have to pull the battery first you know.

I would guess she's turning off the phone to charge it. Then when she's turning it back on she's holding the phone with a death grip (vol down + power)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones