• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

poor antenna?

HTCWozz

Sep 30, 2010
Crewe, UK
I'm in an excellent Vodafone coverage area but have in average 1 signal bar and sometimes lose connnection entirely, however this is only when I'm on 3G or H... if I go to GSM only it seems to be a lot better

Could this be a 3G problem (don't forget my 3G internet connection is perfect) or is it a fault with tge phone its self?

Thank-you.

opposite for me. i live in a tall building and the signal is pretty crappy for every network (voda, weirdly being the worse and orange being the best).

my signal would always be around one or two bars on orange (usually without data) when i was using iphone 4, however with dhd i'm getting 3 bars with good GPRS signal.

in normal conditions, i find the dhd has a much stronger signal than using orange on my iphone 4 (with the bumper, lol). 3g speeds are weirdly faster too. things load in seconds!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones