• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Poor babies at Apple

Sounds like sour grapes from a couple (yes 2) of disgruntled ex employees. Hardly newsworthy as I will bet this happens at many companies around the world.

My company employs several temps and my branch office recently installed electronic locks on all external doors. Only staffers got keyfobs while the temps got 5 digit codes they needed to punch in. As absurd as it sounds, we had a temp call corporate HR to complain that she was being discriminated against because she was not "given a key"!

Upvote 0
Sounds like sour grapes from a couple (yes 2) of disgruntled ex employees

Actually, 2 filed however:

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages on behalf of thousands of Apple Store workers across the country

And knowing what a bunch of bar stewards Apple are, I doubt anyone still employed would dare to add their name to the suit :D

I totally agree that security checks are not unusual, however when they're excessively time consuming and being applied to grossly underpaid staff like Apple Idiots - sorry, Geniuses/Geneii - the company really ought to pay staff for that time.

Even so, as you say: not news!

.. a temp call corporate HR to complain that she was being discriminated against because she was not "given a key"!

I think I'd have preferred the 5 digit code - less likely to forget that than a keyfob :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones