1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Poor Battery life with Froyo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drifter136, Oct 11, 2010.

1. drifter136

drifter136 Active Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Winnipeg,MB
    A few weeks ago I put CM6 on my HTC Magic. Initially it was great, the battery seemed to last forever compared to the 1.5/Sense I switched from. Gradually though, it started shortening down, to the point where if the phone was just sleeping through an 8 hour day in my desk, the battery would be less than 20%.

My first step was getting rid of widgets. I had a lot of them, and many of them updated frequently. The facebook widget in particular seems to constantly try to update.

Next, I got rid of my task killer after doing some reading on Froyo's self-task-killing processes and why task killers are a bad thing in 2.2.

Finally, I realized that by running with WiFi turned on constantly used a LOT of battery. If the phone was sleeping all day long, the WiFi would use as much as the "cell standby" process.

So things have improved. Last night before I went to bed, I plugged in and unplugged my phone (to reset the unplugged counter). The battery was at 70% charge. When I got up this morning, it was down to 15%, over 10h 1m 37s. Cell standby used 95%, Phone idle used 3%, and Display the other 2%. That's 55% drained over 10 hours of only standby. That still seems like a lot to me, though much better than it was. Any tips on what else I could check and rule things out before I decide my phone's physical battery is just aging?

EDIT: My phone is just getting to the 1-year-old mark.

Advertisement

2. mcfierce24

mcfierce24 Well-Known Member

that would make sense. these batteries seem to be good for only about a year.

Tags: