• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Poor battery life with gingerbread?

basalt

Mar 17, 2011
UK
Anyone else found this on the galaxy since updating?

Typical usage for me today - listened to maybe 2 hours of music, looked at three pages on wikipedia over 3g and sent a dozen texts. Freshly charged this morning and it's down to 15%

Saturday the phone was idle all day, freshly charged and went to low battery warning by 8pm. - Battery usage indicate said the operating system had used 70%.

Wifi and 3g off unless I'm using them, GPS permanently off

I can't see how this can be anything but the new software.

Any way to roll back to the old system? - froyo never used this much juice.

Anyone else found this on the galaxy since updating?

Typical usage for me today - listened to maybe 2 hours of music, looked at three pages on wikipedia over 3g and sent a dozen texts. Freshly charged this morning and it's down to 15%

Saturday the phone was idle all day, freshly charged and went to low battery warning by 8pm. - Battery usage indicate said the operating system had used 70%.

Wifi and 3g off unless I'm using them, GPS permanently off

I can't see how this can be anything but the new software.

Any way to roll back to the old system? - froyo never used this much juice.

Did you Factory Reset after updating to 2.3.3?

- R4nd0mJ0k3r

Upvote 0
Well I reset it last night and so far all seems to be well - that or the battery inidcator is broken as it doesn't seem to have moved at all during the day.
Plus I didn't have to re download all that Gameloft data - it stayed on the phone so I just had to resintall the ap

Well if you go to

SETTINGS --> ABOUT PHONE --> STATUS

This will show you the actual percentage battery you have remaining. If this doesnt go down, restart ya phone (just turn off for about 20 secs then back on) and this should fix the issue.

Also I highly reccomend the battery indicatior app here...

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.darshancomputing.BatteryIndicator

It doesn't use any battery for me (unlike most battery widgets) and gives a quick, clear and concise battery readout that is accessible at any time while browsing your phone :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones