1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Poor battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zackwv90, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Zackwv90

Zackwv90 Newbie
    None

Jul 27, 2016
    Male
    This has probably been discussed a bit but I just got my phone from AT&T 6 days ago. So, I'm still within my 2 weeks trade in period, so I want to find out in case I need to return it.

I'm coming from an iPhone 6s Plus which Imo had a great battery life. I watched videos and read where the s7 edge was even better. I haven't noticed that at all. It's completely opposite to me. I unplugged my phone at 6am this morning and never got on it. At 9am when I woke up it was already at 85%.

Earlier I charged it up to 97% and now 3 hours later it's down to 69% on normal usage. I always keep my phone on half brightness.

Is this the same on all S7 Edges' or do I have a defective one??

I really am thinking about trading it in on a regular S7 because I find myself accidentally hitting the edges on mine anyways.

Is the S7 even worse then my current edge??

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Your initial battery life is likely to be bad as your fresh phone is fairly active downloading updates and new apps. You are also generally busier with the new phone as you get to learn its features and capabilities and make settings adjustments.
    As far as accidentally hitting the edge, initially that is a problem for most new owners of an edge, especially given the size of the S7 edge. Practically everyone eventually (a week or 2 at the most) automatically, often unknowingly, adjusts their grip and the problem disappears.

Don't forget to exploit certain features/settings like turning off location when you're not using it, changing display on-time etc. etc. that will eventually make a big difference in battery life.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    A case helps in the edge issue.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.