1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Poor battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by umadbro, Aug 13, 2011.

1. loony

loony Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    australia

Advertisement

2. kayne5

kayne5 Member
    None

Sep 23, 2011
    What's your mobile network monitor in status bar? =)

3. MrBaker22

MrBaker22 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    East Midlands

Miths000 your unexplained drain during screen of (idling) could be explained by wakelocks.. you could install betterbatterystats and select partial wakelocks and that should show you whats causing the device to wake up and use power.. main things are sync etc

Miths000 likes this.
  4. Miths000

Miths000 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    Denmark
    Battery Monitor Pro also lists some "* wakelock *"s (it doesn't specify which apps or services might be causing them though), but they take up very little CPU time.

I'll give BetterBatteryStats a try as well.

5. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

May 30, 2011
    Whatever he said.
    Cambridgeshire, England
    Is there really any need for that then as the in built battery monitor will tell you exactly the same. You can even stick a shortcut to the battery usage on your homescreen. Surely adding that just drains more than in the first place?

6. Miths000

Miths000 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    Denmark
    I probably won't keep using any of these detailed battery monitors (I just bought BetterBatteryStats as well) - I just wanted to see if they could help track down what might be causing the additional drain during idle that I've seen the last few weeks.
    In addition to that it has actually also been quite interesting to use Battery Monitor to see how many mA different kinds of activities tend to drain - and for that matter how much the charging cycle varies. I've learned a lot about batteries I didn't know :).

Anyway, BetterBatteryStats hasn't really been telling me anything either that looks unusual to me, with the exception of an "AlarmManager" (I googled it, it's not an app but presumably some kind of function any app using a timer can call) that has a high wakelock count - 1387 times in a couple of hours. But that still only accounts for 48 seconds of wakelock time.

It's been two hours and fifty minutes since my last full charge. Of that time the screen has been on for 24 minutes and the phone awake for 38 minutes, which doesn't sound all that unusual to me - although perhaps under ideal circumstances the screen and awake time ought to be a little closer to each other?

7. zubair sharief

None

Dec 9, 2011
    I a very happy owner of samsung galaxy s2. iam very impressed with the phone. Off late there is a battery drain issue. After I fully charge my mobile phone the battery constantly goes down with no calls, no internet, no wifi, screen brightness is at 8 percent. I checked in the battery used data and found Mediaserver is the highest battery user. I downloaded an app Android booster and it helped me identify that there is a in device app called BLUETOOTH AVRCP ACTIVE and consuming lots of battery. When i switch off the phone and restart it this app is no longer active and i get battery back up of good 3 days, If i just charge 100percent and dont restart THE PHONE,the app BLUETOOTH AVRCP is again the culprit which starts consuming the battery and the phne is dead in 14 hours with absolutely no use. Can anybody plz help me to resolve this issue.

I was able to resolve the problem by rebooting the phone by pressing the power button continuasly for 8 seconds. Iam extermely happy with this samsung product.