• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Poor Bluetooth audio quality

etm001

Lurker
Jun 11, 2010
Hello,

How is Bluetooth audio quality with your Evo?

I'm using a Jabra Extreme earpiece and am experiencing poor audio quality. One person with whom I was speaking said that I sounded like I was running or was in a windy location (I was calling from a quiet hotel room). On my end there was noticeable static. As a test, I hung up and paired the Jabra with my Blackberry 8830, and the person with whom I was speaking said that I sounded a little distant, but otherwise clear. On my end, the audio quality was good.

Thoughts?

I can only confirm that I am getting good call quality. I am using a Jawbone Prime. The only thing I noticed is that I can't walk a great distance from my phone like I used to be able to with other phones.

Not meaning to take away from your post, but you are using BT so I thought you might be able to help me. I posted a question earlier about the screen blacking out while using the BT headset. I normally use the screen for toggling mute and hanging up my calls. Does your screen stay on while on the headset? My Droid used to.

Upvote 0
With every other phone I've used with my Jawbone Prime (Droid, iPhone 3g), the volume had to be raised to its maximum for me to get a "clear" phone call. With the EVO, it only needs to be raised to a third of the maximum volume to fully hear the other person. The other party is able to hear me well otherwise.

I notice that voice quality drops when I am more than 10 feet away.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones