1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Poor Bluetooth audio quality

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by etm001, Jun 24, 2010.

1. etm001

etm001 Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Hello,

How is Bluetooth audio quality with your Evo?

I'm using a Jabra Extreme earpiece and am experiencing poor audio quality. One person with whom I was speaking said that I sounded like I was running or was in a windy location (I was calling from a quiet hotel room). On my end there was noticeable static. As a test, I hung up and paired the Jabra with my Blackberry 8830, and the person with whom I was speaking said that I sounded a little distant, but otherwise clear. On my end, the audio quality was good.

Thoughts?

Advertisement

2. JackT

JackT Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I can only confirm that I am getting good call quality. I am using a Jawbone Prime. The only thing I noticed is that I can't walk a great distance from my phone like I used to be able to with other phones.

Not meaning to take away from your post, but you are using BT so I thought you might be able to help me. I posted a question earlier about the screen blacking out while using the BT headset. I normally use the screen for toggling mute and hanging up my calls. Does your screen stay on while on the headset? My Droid used to.

3. MauiDude

MauiDude Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Maui
    I have tested with 2 different headsets and get the same dismal results. I get a clipping of the first spoken syllables. So the person I'm talking to only gets the latter half of the word. Anybody with similar experiences??

4. n0really

n0really Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    With every other phone I've used with my Jawbone Prime (Droid, iPhone 3g), the volume had to be raised to its maximum for me to get a "clear" phone call. With the EVO, it only needs to be raised to a third of the maximum volume to fully hear the other person. The other party is able to hear me well otherwise.

I notice that voice quality drops when I am more than 10 feet away.

Tags: