1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Poor Flash Performance on Droid X

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aohus, Feb 9, 2011.

1. aohus

aohus Well-Known Member

So I got a replacement Droid X about a month ago and realize that my flash performance is subpar compared to my original Droid X I had. Does it have to do with the device itself? Or is it a configuration issue? I have the latest flash, and when I go to sites like Trailer Addict- Movie Trailers or gametrailers.com, the streaming videos are very choppy.

Anybody have any ideas as to why the performance is so bad? Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert

not a clue, it was choppy for me too tho. but pretty much every embedded video i look at is choppy. it really sucks. is there any way i can open embedded videos up in either the video application or youtube app? i did it once with an embedded youtube video, but it was on accident.

3. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Android Enthusiast

Hmmm, it kinda sucked on mine too. I was on wi-fi and it didn't have any trouble with buffering, I'm guessing an update to Flash player probably made the performance worse.

I'm running version 10.1.106.16.

-Mike

4. aohus

aohus Well-Known Member

so you all had smooth playback previously? previously i was able to view traileraddict and gametrailers with no hiccups at all. anybody have apk of older flash build ?

5. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert

Mine seems to be playing fine while watching videos on Gametrailers.com, Flash version 10.1.106.16. I am overclocked so it may have something to do with it playing smoother.

6. aohus

aohus Well-Known Member

i'm starting to think i have a bad droid x. my quadrant score suffers a lot during the GPU testing. gonna try and return it at the verizon store and get a replacement.

7. Luciferrex

Luciferrex Newbie

Sounds like handset to me, I have never had a lag issue with mine on wifi at least

8. aohus

aohus Well-Known Member

wow so i got the replacement but it STILL lags/gets choppy on flash.

Can everyone do me a favor and go to www.gametrailers.com or www.traileraddict.com and see if any of those streaming videos gets choppy for you all.

i'm starting to think the new adobe flash update is bad, or all the refurb droid x's have this problem.

9. SaurusX

SaurusX Well-Known Member

I just checked out the la noir video at gametrailers and it was pretty smooth for me. Not perfect, of course, but very good overall and very watchable. The flash version I have 10.1.106.16.

10. aohus

aohus Well-Known Member

i downgraded to an older flash and its now working fine. seems like latest flash player caused issue with performance. could be that adobe is trying to conserve battery life when flash is running.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews