• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

poor performing x2

My droid x2 has been falling flat recently. Randomly rebooting, becoming wickedly sluggish when opening Dolphin Browser/Facebook/Camera/Instagram or any other App for that matter, My wife's Incredible smokes my phone.

Ive read up on Rooting, but I'm not sure that it is my final answer. What are your opinions, suggestions, skulduggery?

Yes, judging from your comments you have not installed a custom ROM on your phone yet. Unfortunately because of the poor job Motorola did on designing the software "Motoblur" makes it virtually impossible to operate normally. I would suggest reading up on installing either Eclipse or CyanogenMod 7 on your phone. Either ROMs will improve stability and performance on your phone and you will be happy with it again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones