1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Poor R2 fell into the watery depths of the Sarlac Pit, errr toilet.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Esmerelda, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Esmerelda

Esmerelda Lurker

So my husband and I were moving into our new place this past weekend and I was packing up the bathroom, I was wearing a sweatshirt that has the large pocket in front, bent over the toilet to pick up the rug and plunk, in went my R2D2 droid....he was only a month old! :eek: I took out his battery and set him in a bowl of rice for 24 hours. The next day I put him back together and he booted up but the lcd was really dim, pretty much black but in the right light you could see my wallpaper. I took him to a repair shop and they did a water damage treatment, nothing had corrosion on it, they cleaned the connections, blah blah, said the lcd needed replaced. Week later they finally tell me the new lcd made no difference on the phone and that it must be "the board". This place is 3 hours away from me, I went to my parents the day he fell, so I'm having the repair guys put R2 back together and ship him home. Is it going to be worth taking him to another repair shop? Is there anything they can do? I'm not real tech savy so I don't know what they mean about "the board." How much is a new "board"? Is it more than my phone was? (doubtful) Any advice would be great, comments, whatever..

TIA!

Advertisement

2. skilaufen

skilaufen Android Enthusiast

Did you get insurance? If so you could file through them.

3. Esmerelda

Esmerelda Lurker

ohh yeah forgot to add, no insurance, my husband's work pays for the phones/plans/etc.

4. skilaufen

skilaufen Android Enthusiast

I know Best buy will send phones out for repair when you make an insurance claim through them. They might be able to repair your phone. Worth a shot, though I have only used them for an insurance TV repair once.

5. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Android Expert

I know this is still a DROID 'n all.. But shouldn't this most likely be in the DROID2 section since the R2DROID2 is a version of the DROID2?

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews